England - where to go?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I concede with no hesitation that the countryside around Leeds is fabulous. If we left Leeds, I'd miss Yorkshire a lot, although I still am not that keen on the city.

Has anyone tried Cafe Guru on Dock Street for curries? It's super chic in decor, the curry is brilliant and the loos are quite spectacular.

ASC1951

Guru
Cathryn said:
Has anyone tried Cafe Guru on Dock Street for curries? It's super chic in decor, the curry is brilliant and the loos are quite spectacular.
I haven't, Cathryn. I do need a reserve for when the Corner Cafe is closed - where is Dock Street?

bonj2

I glean that you're flying to gatwick so you should be ok, but if they threaten you the idea that you may have to fly to, or back from, Heathrow terminal 5, then get on your bike and cycle off into the sunset on it 'cos if you put it through T5 there's a good chance you'll never see it again. Check out BBC News or other news on 'heathrow T5', it's related to the chaotic opening of a new terminal and is a major issue and a big embarassment for the UK's major airline.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cathryn said:
I concede with no hesitation that the countryside around Leeds is fabulous. If we left Leeds, I'd miss Yorkshire a lot, although I still am not that keen on the city.

http://www.cafeguru.co.uk/

£0.60 for a poppadom ;)
£1.50 for a chappatti :sad: :eek: :eek:

The loos will have to remain unseen by me.

At the opposite end of the price spectrum, Bradford offers some great eating experiences in its curry houses. I could drive to Bradford, have a curry and drive home and still spend less than I would in Cafe Guru!

OP
OP
EmGee DK

EmGee DK

bonj said:
I glean that you're flying to gatwick so you should be ok, but if they threaten you the idea that you may have to fly to, or back from, Heathrow terminal 5, then get on your bike and cycle off into the sunset on it 'cos if you put it through T5 there's a good chance you'll never see it again. Check out BBC News or other news on 'heathrow T5', it's related to the chaotic opening of a new terminal and is a major issue and a big embarassment for the UK's major airline.

I'm am very reluctant about bringing my own bike and think I'm going to hire one. As for now it looks like I will be going from London to Oxford and back to London via Napton Junction. So hiring a bike in London might be the best idea. BTW: The terminal 5 thingy made the news here. Sounds to be an Area 52 meets the Bermuda Triangle Travelers Challenge. Thanks for the heads up.

Leeds will have to wait, eventhough it sounds tempting with both good curry and nice loos. I think it makes perfect sense when they come in pairs :angry:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
ASC1951 said:
I haven't, Cathryn. I do need a reserve for when the Corner Cafe is closed - where is Dock Street?

Dock St is south of the canal. From Harvey Nicks, walk down the hill, cross the road by Nando's, keep going. Cross the next road, walk across the bridge and take the first left. The Adelphi pub (much recommended) is on the corner.

Sounds like a long way, but it's very close to town.

bonj2

vernon said:
http://www.cafeguru.co.uk/

£0.60 for a poppadom :rolleyes:
£1.50 for a chappatti :biggrin: :eek: :eek:

The loos will have to remain unseen by me.

At the opposite end of the price spectrum, Bradford offers some great eating experiences in its curry houses. I could drive to Bradford, have a curry and drive home and still spend less than I would in Cafe Guru!

"International" on morley street, very good. t's where we always used to go when I worked there.

ASC1951

Guru
Cathryn said:
From Harvey Nicks, walk down the hill, cross the road by Nando's, keep going. Cross the next road, walk across the bridge and take the first left. The Adelphi pub (much recommended) is on the corner.
Thanks Cathryn. This is clearly a Girl Thing - women navigate by shops, men navigate by pubs. I have no idea where Harvey Nichols is, but I have been past the Adelphi. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom