Englands 30 man squad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jmetz

So a large percentage of our defence is unfit, with our best defender now soon to be ruled out due to a broken metatarsal (John Terry)

Anyone else see a distinctly average squad?

OP
OP
Jmetz

Jmetz

P.s i take it back it now turns out just to be a knock the pansy.

But good news definately... however i stand by my average squad comment.

Noodley

Jmetz said:
So a large percentage of our defence is unfit, with our best defender now soon to be ruled out due to a broken metatarsal (John Terry)

Anyone else see a distinctly average squad?

actually it's your defence not ours :smile::biggrin:

Noodley

rich p said:
I think we're representing Britain on your behalf, Noodles!

That's very kind of you all to care so much, but see next time - dinnae bother :biggrin:

OP
OP
Jmetz

Jmetz

dan_bo said:
In my book ledleys' got to be the best of the three 'primo' central defs on offer at the moment. He's certainly got terry in his pocket.

I'd really like to have seen a scholes/lampard central midfield but alas, not to be.

kings quality

but a waste of time in a tournie such as this, we need to gain team stability and the potential for him to drop out due to injury after a game or two is too great imo

however, ferdinand is also lacking fitness and now terry too..... slightly concerning.....

can't say i feel crouch warrants his place in the side either

mangaman

dan_bo said:
In my book ledleys' got to be the best of the three 'primo' central defs on offer at the moment. He's certainly got terry in his pocket.

I'd really like to have seen a scholes/lampard central midfield but alas, not to be.

I agree dan - Ledley's been the best English centre back this season. OK - he can't train to save his knees - so what. He's the best we've got.

Centre midfiield is still my concern. We need a decent holding midfielder.

We're gambling on Barry's fitness. I think we need more back up there.

Overall a reasonable 30 to pick though. I can't think of a ludicrous omission or a ludicrous pick.

My main worry is strikers. I'm not convinced Rooney is fit - he has had multiple injury problems recently, and we've nobody else anywhere near him in terms of class

mangaman

Jmetz said:
can't say i feel crouch warrants his place in the side either

He looks a bit odd but has scored 20 goals in 37 appearances for England.

That is a seriously good return. The obvious fact that he is about 8 feet tall make him a must-go to South Africa for me.

Even if he doesn't start, he offers an obvious Plan B, which as his record shows is very impressive in terms of goals scored.

OP
OP
Jmetz

Jmetz

I just hate the long ball clumsy football, i have to put up with enough of it being a Blackburn fan.... for me its got to be heskey and rooney starting....

Heskey gets slated a lot but his presence has served us well throughout qualification.

SWP isnt a player im keen on either...

Its sad to say that IMO we only have a two world class players Terry and Rooney....

Top Bottom