English Lit book

Of Mice and Men?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
I covered that book in year 10 good book.
The films good almost had me crying in a very non manly manner.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
miloat said:
I covered that book in year 10 good book.
The films good almost had me crying in a very non manly manner.

The film bored me, like most films.
Didnt really get Lord of the Flies when we watched the film. Its abit too strange for me.
Yes, we only do one book now. But its one book and a book called Anthology, well it is an Anthology. We do sections in that and learn aload about the poems, trying to understand what the poems mean.
Got to like Sonnet 130, how could a guy get away with telling his wife she is pretty much ugly and no where near perfect?

rob_mcp

History of Mr Polly HG Wells
Macbeth
Chosen poems of Thomas Hardy

Northern Univesities JMB 1977. Got a C - mum was appalled as she was an English teacher - Saved my A grades for sciences!

I did Lord of the Flies about three times at three different schools. Because I always enjoyed reading, I used to take the book home after the first lesson and pretty much finish it that night. Then I'd have to sit through about six months of imbeciles reading it aloud in class, trying to resist the temptation to hide another book inside it.
I also read Brave New World, Animal Farm and lots of others which have escaped my memory.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I recall doing...

Lord of the Flies
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Crucible
The Caucasian Chalk Circle
The Merchant of Venice
Julius Ceaser

NickM

Veteran
We were supposed to read The Grapes of Wrath, but I didn't like it, so I just read the summary bits at the back.

I got a B ;)

Then there was some stuff by that awfully overrated Shakespeare geezer, and probably some other stuff. Strewth, nearly enough to put you off reading, it was...

Top Bottom