English

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuffolkBlue

I'm often amazed that some people don't read what they've written before they post it (or, where there is an edit function, at least return to edit it).
I read a comment recently where the poster was describing the poor relationship they had with their Step Ladder !

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'm often amazed that some people don't read what they've written before they post it (or, where there is an edit function, at least return to edit it).
I read a comment recently where the poster was describing the poor relationship they had with their Step Ladder !

That’s almost certainly an auto correct error.
They really annoy me. Especially when you click send just as it changes.

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Yeah… I hate ladders.

oh wait, that isn’t what he’s on about!

I always go back and reread my posts before hitting the “post” button.

yet, reading it again later there’s always some subtitle screw up I missed courtesy of spell check.

and there it is! Yet again!

Oi!

But also worth noting, it's considered bad form to start a sentence with 'but'.
And I believe the same is true for 'and'.

OP
OP
presta

presta

Guru
I always go back and reread my posts before hitting the “post” button.
I delete and re-post if they haven't been replied to, but I still miss some.
Auto correct can be a nuisance sometimes by inserting a different word out of context.
I won't have any truck with it, it's a PITA.
It's not the platform that is pedantic, it's the people who use it.
Someone once started a thread "People Who Use Ten Words When One Will Do", so I said "Shouldn't the title be 'Verbosity'?".

Top Bottom