Enjoy your cycling more.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
.....junk your computer(s).
It all happened when I refurbished my 'bent. I put It all back together, but mysteriously, the computer had ceased to function.
Nomatter: I went out for the test ride and found myself looking at the scenery more and noticing things I hadn't seen before. I was not glancing down every few seconds to check whether I was on course to maintain my average speed, or whether I was climbing that hill as fast as historically I knew I was able to.
I ceased competing with myself: what a relief! I have now taken all the computers off all my bikes.
This doesn't mean that I don't ride hard when I want: I do. And I'm absolutely not bothered about not knowing my mileage.
Perhaps when a smile-o-meter is invented, which somehow quantifies my enjoyment, will I put one on again.

NickM

Veteran
I heartily agree! I do most of my cycling with MsM, who is a bit (not much) slower than me, and I used to spend half the ride looking at the average speed and silently fretting. Very silly, not to mention unfair.

As you probably know, Betty, lots of wireless computers don't work well on recumbents, and mine became unreliable, so I took it off when I put my GPS on the bars. What a blessed relief! :ohmy:

Now I just follow the arrow on the GPS and enjoy the ride, and if I really want to know the "performance" numbers ;) they are there in the GPS at the end.

Keith Oates

Janner
The computer on my commute bike stopped working last year and for the three it took for me to get the replacement I was lost. I know, I'm a sad case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom