Enjoying the cold temps ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
It's half day Friday and you know what that means, time to hit the trails. It's a tad chilly but with some snow added to the trails earlier this week it should be fun. I spent a tad over 2 1/2 hours just having a blast and enjoying the cool crisp air. I did run into a few snowmobiles and even used the snowmobile bridge to cross over the river. The trails have been great the last few weeks, and I'm hoping they stay this way for another month or so. Hope everyone is have a fun winter.
Zwift Fail / Cycling Past Sixty - YouTube

double masking! fun snow mobile highlight! part of that trail looked icy, good thing those fat tires are studded!

I agree about the temps diffs from starting frigid & winding up wet. I've been playing w/ my layers & pit zips. seems ironic to have a cool breeze flowing thru my jacket but it keeps the overall moisture down. I zip my neck to regulate the flow, but keep the pit zips open the whole time

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
double masking! fun snow mobile highlight! part of that trail looked icy, good thing those fat tires are studded!

I agree about the temps diffs from starting frigid & winding up wet. I've been playing w/ my layers & pit zips. seems ironic to have a cool breeze flowing thru my jacket but it keeps the overall moisture down. I zip my neck to regulate the flow, but keep the pit zips open the whole time

I can't have anything heavy over my mouth so once I got warmed up I pulled down the top mask from coving my mouth. But still wanted the heavy part over my ears, and it worked great.
It's crazy how warm you can get once you get moving, and it doesn't take me to long to start removing something.

It's crazy how warm you can get once you get moving, and it doesn't take me to long to start removing something.
I like balaclavas & I like changing them 1/2 way thru my ride cuz they're wet. & always have a dry hat in the car. I've got a thin one & a thick one. almost interchangeable, but one is a little warmer & more absorbent was out for 2 hrs in 25 degrees & used them both

Top Bottom