Enjoying the Lolz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks @Shaun

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 14.17.12.jpg

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/ctc-to-be-rebranded-as-cycling-uk/019104

Edit: I see Shaun is already showing off in the other thread https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/touring-cyclist-club-a-new-resource.195949/post-4162871

Last edited:

Shaun

Founder
Good idea to put the link in - just in case anyone worries it is permanent. :laugh:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Jeez, I was worried for a second there. Not being aware of the stuff going on inside the UK cycling scene right now, I was slightly concerned that this might have been a horrible attempt at rebranding...

Phew.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
"In fact, part of the need for this change is because we hope the new brand will enhance our touring offering."

Yes, the removal of the word 'touring' should fix this NOT

More wasted time and money from the CTC camp :sad:

midlife

Guru
Interestingly, I can see the new logo here on the tablet but the old logo appears on the laptop.....

Shaun

booze and cake

probably out cycling
The bit in the Bikebiz article about the font being the same as Durex was LOL, whats that got to do with the price of fish? It was a set up for a pass us the lube this org is being taken up the wrong alley quip, but the opportunity was missed it seems^_^. I hope they dedicate as much time and effort to cyclists in these committee meetings as they do to agreeing on a font.

Reactions: mjr

Shaun

Founder
Interestingly, I can see the new logo here on the tablet but the old logo appears on the laptop.....

It'll be cached by your device - you should have an option in your browser to clear the cache, but it should update automatically before too long and return to normal. :okay:

Funnily enough, I have no problem with the CTC rebranding, other than to ask why it's taken so long.
I have no doubt this opinion will be unpopular with more than a few people here.

Only with the oldies, the young ones are unlikely to have heard of CTC:okay:

Honestly? I posted my original posting to reflect popular opinion, as I reckoned it. I don't think the rebranding is a mistake. I am pretty sure at first time I became aware of the "Cyclists Touring Club", I assumed it was some weird hangover from the 1930s. I'm not entirely sure I was wrong. :smile:

snorri

Legendary Member
Honestly? I posted my original posting to reflect popular opinion, as I reckoned it. I don't think the rebranding is a mistake. I am pretty sure at first time I became aware of the "Cyclists Touring Club", I assumed it was some weird hangover from the 1930s. I'm not entirely sure I was wrong. :smile:
I don't know what to think, but agree with you on the rebranding, although communicating progress to members has been a disaster.
Your reference to the 30s may not be far off the mark:sad:.

Top Bottom