Enter sandman please.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by longers, 8 Aug 2007.

1. longers

longers Veteran

I've been awake for 37 hours now. No reason at all why. It's a bit odd.

I knew at 3.30 this morning it wasn't going to happen so I got up and pottered about. Done a full days work (sketchy in parts), ridden 23 miles today, walked the dog about 7 miles. Will go out for a 10 mile ride with her later. Bed by 10 and asleep by 5 past I hope.

When it all comes down it's going to be awfull. I don't feel at all tired though. What's going on?

2. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

Sounds like someone's been sneaking amphetamines into your drink. ;)

3. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Are you in a tent?

4. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

;). No I'm not.

It's probably the sprouts.

5. dangerousjules

dangerousjules Über Member

time to release the tesion my man...you know what taking about!

6. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

Must be worried about something.

I find if I'm worried, and haven't exercised lately, I can struggle to sleep. But you've put the exercise in.... so what is it? Financial? Waterlogged home??

Or maybe having coffee after 5pm..... when I forget and have an after dinner coffee, I'm generally awake from 3am - 6am. (although can ALWAYS get to sleep at 6am - when my alarm goes off at 6.45!!)

7. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Listening to Metallica often prevents sleep in my experience

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Read a technical magazine or book from work, you'll be asleep in minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

I LIKE doing that !

10. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

So do I, it sends me to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

I did get some kip.:ohmy:

About 8 lovely hours of it. More tonight please.;)

Dangerousjules - I can assure you it wasn't a tension problem.

Mosschops - I wasn't worried about anything at all. I think it was because I was feeling happy and that hasn't happened for a while.

I did get to see the sunrise yesterday and it was spectacular. Bottoms Reservoir was as flat as a mirror and reflecting Tintwistle beautifully while mist was rolling across the surface and up the valley the sun was turning the moody clouds peachy/orange above Lads Leap. (of course I didn't have my camera). Just that made it worth it.

Nice sunset too with a very vivid rainbow above Deer Knowl while riding out with the dog. I also did 1.2 miles non-handed!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice