entered my first 100k audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I cycled through Devon last year on LEJOG and I find it very difficult to believe that it is possible to have a flat 100km route in Devon - I'd never seen so many hills!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
porkypete said:
Only kidding ! but to me they are a lot more palatable than gels.
I have to add a recommendation for Co-Op wine gums too...

rsvdaz

tundragumski said:
I cycled through Devon last year on LEJOG and I find it very difficult to believe that it is possible to have a flat 100km route in Devon - I'd never seen so many hills!
haha your not wrong....although north out of exeter to Thorverton/Tiverton is fairly flat..(thats flat in Devon terms):tongue:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It's a good 100k to begin with. There's generally plenty of food and the organiser will be round and about with a camera.

OP
OP
sarahpink

sarahpink

well found the hill:laugh: ashcombe cross one, and was fine going up it. my trouble is the down hills:sad: im really good going up hill, but on the way down im always the last one.

any ideas for the few days before the day, shall I rest, go out for a long ride in preparation? at the moment I do about 30 miles a day

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Taper off with a few days to go. You can still ride, just don't push it hard. Nice and easy. Keep the muscles moving. All will be well.

PpPete

Legendary Member
And remember there is no shame in going slowly downhill. Some of us need to rely on gravity to get round longer events !

If you overtake people uphill and they go past you downhill.... YOU have the moral victory.

jimboalee

porkypete said:
And remember there is no shame in going slowly downhill. Some of us need to rely on gravity to get round longer events !

If you overtake people uphill and they go past you downhill.... YOU have the moral victory.

The golden rules of long distance cycling.

1/ Never pedal downhill. Let gravity do the work.
2/ What coasts down, has to be pedalled back up again.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I might be helping to make tea and wash up at the Stoke Canon control this Sunday, so do say hello...I'll be the sturdy blonde trying not to eat all the cake!

Top Bottom