..erm...'slight' alteration to route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
You could make a case for French being sexy in the mouth of, say Isabelle Adjani but I'm afraid when blokes speak it it always strikes me as camp, affected and absurd. It was the only O level I failed at school and I had to fail it on purpose as it was quite easy but I just hated it so much. What I do find amusing though is to give the words English pronunciation values in a deadpan voice and in my case with a Lancashire accent. Give it a bash. (Yorkshire accent in your case?) In fact Fred Elliot out of Coronation St would probably do it real justice.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

To my mind French is sexy when spoken by a woman, German however is very unsexy when spoken by a woman .

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I will fly to bremen with Ryanair. When I get to Freidrichshafen I will have a few choices to make...fly home from there...carry on into France and back via the channel ports...carry on down south and fly back from Montpellier as per origional plan...or follow the rhine radweg home via rotterdam...or I could go to Offenburg and get a lift home with family...I will probably fly from Friedrichshafen....I have made myself a mental note to take this desicion when sober.

I have a book covering the Rhine Radweg - drop me a PM if you'd like it.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Andy in Sig said:
You could make a case for French being sexy in the mouth of, say Isabelle Adjani but I'm afraid when blokes speak it it always strikes me as camp, affected and absurd. It was the only O level I failed at school and I had to fail it on purpose as it was quite easy but I just hated it so much. What I do find amusing though is to give the words English pronunciation values in a deadpan voice and in my case with a Lancashire accent. Give it a bash. (Yorkshire accent in your case?) In fact Fred Elliot out of Coronation St would probably do it real justice.

I do see your point...i studied Italian in Florence for a while and shared a class with a Japanese chap who spoke good italian but his broad japanese accent made me cry with laughter every time!

I still think french sounds sexy when spoken by blokes...particularly the french rugby team :biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Cathryn said:
Ha.....French isn't camp, it's SO sexy!!! I do like German though...a nice, logical language with brilliantly long words.

One I saw in Austria was (IIRC) 'Zillertalerstatdhydroelektricherkraftwerkbahn'
The road to the Ziller valley municipal hydroelectric power station. How can you not like a language that does that?:biggrin::biggrin: Linguistic excellence!

(German wine<French wine, IMHO. But German beer is great!)

Brock

Shame we won't be able to swap experiences of a similar route this year after all BTFB, your new plans sound great though.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Bigtallfatbloke said:
To my mind French is sexy when spoken by a woman, German however is very unsexy when spoken by a woman .

I dunno, a girl with a N Bavarian accent (franken) would only have to read out the phone book to send me into ecstacy.

I'm working on your campsite info request BTW.

Top Bottom