Ernie Clements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Pretty much as bought/sold in 1983. Bull Close Lane shop, Halifax.

It's missing a 531 sticker that should have been on the top tube, behind the head tube or on the seat tube.

Newtown in Wales, at the Coventry Eagle works.

OP
OP
Oldfentiger

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Pretty much as bought/sold in 1983. Bull Close Lane shop, Halifax.

It's missing a 531 sticker that should have been on the top tube, behind the head tube or on the seat tube.

Newtown in Wales, at the Coventry Eagle works.

Thanks for the info.
Looks like the rear mech has been swapped - all the rest is Suntor but the rear mech is Shimano.
Regarding your comment about the missing 531 sticker; do you then think that the Tange 2001 sticker on the forks may not be genuine?

classic33

Leg End Member
They said that it's pretty much as sold. But the forks didn't match the dates, which threw me. So I went and asked them.

It was a 531 build throughout, when new.

Now known as Cycle Gear, Horton Street, Halifax. Opposite The Railway

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks for the info.
Looks like the rear mech has been swapped - all the rest is Suntor but the rear mech is Shimano.
Regarding your comment about the missing 531 sticker; do you then think that the Tange 2001 sticker on the forks may not be genuine?
I never asked the price, sorry.

urbanfatboy

Über Member
This is Intersting, I've just been trying to make sense of my, similar, Clements. Fairly low end stuff on it. and the Frame sticker, seems to have said Reynolds, once, but it's not like any Reynolds sticker i've seen.

Attachments

• DSC_0981.JPG
    DSC_0981.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0982.JPG
    DSC_0982.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0983.JPG
    DSC_0983.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0984.JPG
    DSC_0984.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 70

ORO

As I understand it Ernie Clements factory in wales produced Falcon and Clements bikes. Some of these bikes around this era did use Tange forks, like the Clements Super Pro. Although the op's bike is not that model.

Top Bottom