Ernie Clements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Oldfentiger

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Did a bit of fettling, bunged on some new tyres and did a few miles test ride.
Chuffed with how it rides.
Saddle wise, I can just about make out “Brooks Competition” on the sides.
Any tips on preservation of the leather, as it’s quite worn?
Found it comfortable though.

I have the same bikes as yours Urbanfatboy but mine is fitted with front and rear pannier racks according to the guy I had it from (£12 off ebay) it was fitted with these as new. The brakes were an accident waiting to happen (chrome rims) and the only way I could get enough leverage was to flip and cut the bars then remove the GT levers I never used the drops anyway. It makes a nice commuter but is well battered paint wise.

Edgy Dee

Cranky Old Guy
I have a post-Falcon Ernie Clements Olympic in Reynolds 501 - see pic. Only the frame is original, everything else, including the forks, is from my rebuild. Point is, the paint and decals are completely different to the OPs. I've seen quite a few online that look similar to mine. I assumed EC had a stock of decals after Falcon and just kept using them. So what's the difference between a Clements 'Designed by Ernie Clements', and an Ernie Clements? A lot about that bike looks more 70s than 80s to my eye, but that's maybe because of where it sat in the range. Mine, by the way, is light and fast, and Eroica ready,

Attachments

• 20170616_164034.jpg
    20170616_164034.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 95
Top Bottom