Eskute ebike anyone got one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hub motors aren't as powerful going up hill typically, they perhaps peak at 400W and again the rider is 200W so there is only 200W going through the drivetrain and 400W powering the front or rear wheel directly. 900W vs 200W is not a 4.1 increase in wear rate as I believe the wear rate doesn't work in a linear way it will be more than that. It's one of the huge advantages of hub motors over mid-drive although of course there are many pros and cons to both systems. Hub motors are definitely the right choice for cheapskates who want a simple long life ebike with long life drivetrain components.
I think your oversimplifying this bit, an mid range motor has a much better weight distribution, so the higher wattage does not mean the same amount of wear compared to the hub, also of your not pedalling and the engine is not working(downhill for example) the hub will still wear while the mid-engine doesn't. Hub motors are cheap and easy to replace definitely but if there longer lived than a mid-engine i highly doubt it.
A other thing wat come to mind thinking about this is Belt drive,i assume that changes the numbers too as one of the advantages always mentioned compared to a chain needs much less maintenance.

Top Bottom