Essax "up your bum" saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
Cycling's equivalent of a gimp mask perhaps? Is it from their S&M range of cycling accessories?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I once raced a girl who had a saddle like that.

She came first.

I'll get my coat.

And don't come back!<slams door>

Diggs

Veteran
I'll stick with my B17.
Actually that's where they got the idea from

aircraft-planes_other_b17-flying-fortress-liberty-belle_83619.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Whoever wrote a 'blog' about the saddle is quite serious about them. I just re-tweeted Cycling Weekly's post and got a 'look at my blog' reply.

You aren't supposed to ride on the nose, nor towards the back. Well that just buggers it up completely ? Move towards the nose when on the nail and spinning (fixed especially) and towards the back when descending. I'd not like a ruddy fin stuck up, as when you're coming back into the saddle after a sprint or accelleration, you aren't exactly aiming your rear at an exact spot on the saddle.

It claims it keeps you more centralised ? Never had that issue, also introduces more friction points IMHO. You certainly couldn't sit upright with it.

That said, it may have saved me from a trip to the docs for the snip if I'd used one ! :laugh: Might have been less painful !!! :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quote the Cycling Weekly review

The Essax Shark saddle is an interesting concept and certainly makes you concentrate more on keeping your hips straight in the saddle.

It's not keeping hips straight that I'd be worried about !

Top Bottom