Essex clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
If you can cycle from Romford Lea Valley cycle club (as opposed to Lee Valley which is a diffferent club) ride from Walthamstow town hall. I used to ride with them when I lived in Wannstead and they were always very friendly and welcoming

OP
OP
Primal Scream

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
If you can cycle from Romford Lea Valley cycle club (as opposed to Lee Valley which is a diffferent club) ride from Walthamstow town hall. I used to ride with them when I lived in Wannstead and they were always very friendly and welcoming
Thanks for the info

cm2mackem

Über Member
I hope to join a club next year mainly for social rides, I live near Romford and Essex Roads, Crest and Redbridge appear to be what I am looking for, has anyone heard good or bad things about them.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Not far away and very friendly, and not too quick, yellow jersey cycles in Billericay High Street, meet 9 is every Saturday morning,

screenman

Legendary Member
My mum (87) has not been well and as my Dad has passed and i am her only child I like to spend some time at the weekend with her, I am also a WHU season ticket holder (Yes i know) plus a nagging running injury so I have limited time at the moment.

Your mum is lucky to have you, stay happy.

OP
OP
Primal Scream

Primal Scream

Get your rocks off
Your mum is lucky to have you, stay happy.
Thank you for your kind remarks.

cm2mackem

Über Member
Live in Leaden Roding near Chelmsford, looking for clubs or just a riding buddy too. Mainly midweek evenings, although I know the nights are crowding in.
Athlon meet every Saturday morning at the old Athlon shop, now called The Hub, green group 15_17 mph 40 ish miles,we will wait for you, several other quicker groups I could only hope to stay with, https://m.facebook.com/athlonsporttristore/ ,Dan and Barry lead the greens

Deanno1dad

Über Member
I'm a member of Hornchurch CC..great club of mixed abilities..meets saturdays and sundays...come along youll be made welcome

dim

Not quite that blunt but http://www.londondynamo.co.uk/faq.php does say "If you can ride 28 miles (four laps of Richmond Park) in under 1hr 40mins (25mins per lap) you should be fit enough to ride with our slower Richmond Park Ride groups and could therefore try us out at one of our monthly Newcomer's Rides in Richmond Park." :laugh:

I'm sure I've seen others, but that one stuck in my mind and I think some descriptions used to be even more get-fast-or-F-off than that. While I wouldn't want to (and probably couldn't any more) ride with such a group, I applaud the honesty. Much better that than be yet another group that claims to be all things to all people and leaves "newbs" stranded out in middle of nowhere.
http://cyclinguphill.com/average-speeds-cycling/

Dan Ferris

Über Member
Hi
I'm in leigh on sea and looking for a club. interesting comment about southend wheelers the trouble I have is they don't meet until late Sunday morning so by the time the rides done it eats into the day.
Thanks for yellow jersey and athlon sport links - I'm new to joining a club so friendly welcoming for newbies would be a must. did anyone on here go to either of those clubs as a result of this thread?
Thanks
Dan

Top Bottom