Essex route.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
The weather forecast for tomorrow (Sunday) is pretty good, except for the wind which is forcast to be fairly strong from a generally southerly direction. My planned route was to go out north for about 25 miles then turn and come home on the same route. However, me and wind do not get on and I don't fancy bucking against a strong headwind for the second 25 miles so I am going to wimp out. I will head south then turn for home when hopefully I should have a bit of a tailwind. I am heading into unknown territory around Chelmsford, somehere I normally avoid. For anyone who knows the area I will be doing Harlow to Writtle, then to New London Road, then a circuit around Beehive Lane and Galleywood Road before heading back up to the Writtle Road, back to Writtle and then back to Harlow. Should give me about 55 miles in all. There are lots of roads and lanes in that area I haven't explored yet so perhaps it's time to make a start as I am increasing my miles. It will be good to see somewhere different.

matthat

Über Member
The weather forecast for tomorrow (Sunday) is pretty good, except for the wind which is forcast to be fairly strong from a generally southerly direction. My planned route was to go out north for about 25 miles then turn and come home on the same route. However, me and wind do not get on and I don't fancy bucking against a strong headwind for the second 25 miles so I am going to wimp out. I will head south then turn for home when hopefully I should have a bit of a tailwind. I am heading into unknown territory around Chelmsford, somehere I normally avoid. For anyone who knows the area I will be doing Harlow to Writtle, then to New London Road, then a circuit around Beehive Lane and Galleywood Road before heading back up to the Writtle Road, back to Writtle and then back to Harlow. Should give me about 55 miles in all. There are lots of roads and lanes in that area I haven't explored yet so perhaps it's time to make a start as I am increasing my miles. It will be good to see somewhere different.
So how did you get on? I'm a tiptree lad at heart! Although I don't know Chelmsford particularly well I do know the area in general!

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
I had a headwind all the way there, a head wind all the way home, apart from that it was fine. The ride around Chelmsford wasn't too bad but it was earlyish on Sunday morning. My originally planned route may have been a better option, but what the hell, it was a ride whatever! And it was only 52.5 miles.

Top Bottom