Estate for Cycle-Related Lugging Duties

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twowheelsgood

Mondeo with the TCDi (direct injection) engine, every bit as advanced as the VW and cost about 5p after 3 years.

Chris James

Über Member
twowheelsgood said:
Mondeo with the TCDi (direct injection) engine, every bit as advanced as the VW and cost about 5p after 3 years.

Yeah, I was going to suggest a Mondeo but I detected the thread had turned into a bit of a VAG love in!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've got a Passat SE estate 2.0 tdi; I get 48 mpg from it and the CO2 is 156gms/km. It's fantastic on long motorway runs especially as cruise control is standard. It cost about £5000 less than an A4 but it's bigger inside. With the rear seat 70% folded we can fit our son and 3 bikes inside, dismantled. With both seats folded I can roll my bike in without removing the wheels, which is great for evening club rides. Don't go for a black interior, it shows all the dirt and fluff; go for grey.

I never understand people with estates, vans and hatchbacks who stick their bikes on a rack outside the car. Mad.

Chris James

Über Member
Rigid Raider said:
I never understand people with estates, vans and hatchbacks who stick their bikes on a rack outside the car. Mad.

Try getting two kids under two and all their clobber (baby baths, double buggy, 50 chnages of clothes for puke / crap accidents etc) in the boot and see how much space you have left over for your bike!

Top Bottom