Estrella Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have recently become the delighted owner of this, Estrella Clasica.
IMG_0502.JPG

Received brilliant service from Estrella co-owner and 6 times Paralympic Gold medalist Darren Kenny. They are based near Bournemouth, 500 miles away, so I couldn't visit in person. We sorted out the spec and the set up through email and phone. I went for Ultegra compact groupset and Cero AR22 wheels. I left the choice of tyres to Darren, he fitted some very nice 25mm Schwalbe Ones. He also took me through a very neat way of taking measurements of my favourite current bike, I emailed them so he could choose the size of frame, the length of stem, and set it up for me. He posted it to me a couple of weeks after my order, straight out of the box it was set up to mm perfection, I haven't needed to tweak a thing. Have now enjoyed a couple of rides, it's fantastic, really comfortable, took it over some awful road surfaces, it coped really well. And lively too, way more responsive than the steel/titanium/aluminium frames that I've ridden in the past. So, a well satisfied customer, I am now eyeing up one of his cross/gravel bikes.
And it didn't break the bank either, under £1900.
http://www.estrella-bikes.com/

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
Have recently become the delighted owner of this, Estrella Clasica.
View attachment 347554

Received brilliant service from Estrella owner and 6 times Paralympic Gold medalist Darren Kenny. They are based near Bournemouth, 500 miles away, so I couldn't visit in person. We sorted out the spec and the set up through email and phone. I went for Ultegra compact groupset and Cero AR22 wheels. I left the choice of tyres to Darren, he fitted some very nice 25mm Schwalbe Ones. He also took me through a very neat way of taking measurements of my favourite current bike, I emailed them so he could choose the size of frame, the length of stem, and set it up for me. He posted it to me a couple of weeks after my order, straight out of the box it was set up to mm perfection, I haven't needed to tweak a thing. Have now enjoyed a couple of rides, it's fantastic, really comfortable, took it over some awful road surfaces, it coped really well. And lively too, way more responsive than the steel/titanium/aluminium frames that I've ridden in the past. So, a well satisfied customer, I am now eyeing up one of his cross/gravel bikes.
And it didn't break the bank either, under £1900.
http://www.estrella-bikes.com/
Very smart :smile:
Love the colours

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
Still can't get over how well this rides. I've been riding racing bikes for 35 years, good quality steel, titanium, aluminium, but this is my first carbon. The steel, titanium and aluminium have all been much of a muchness. But this carbon is a different beast altogether, way lighter and way more responsive but still comfortable. Based on average mph at the end of a ride it's about 2 mph faster than the best of my other bikes for the same effort. And on hills I'm looking back to the sprockets when I get to the top and discovering I'm 2-3 sprockets higher than what I'm used to using on my other bikes. Taking some getting used to !

Top Bottom