Etape Cal spectating - any tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
Hi All,
My wife and mate would like to go up to Pitlochry to watch the event and support me. They would plan on driving up at around 10am and I'll expect to be finishing about 12ish (with a bit of luck and help from groups pulling me along ;) ).
Obviously parking will probably be mayhem but just wondered if there is anything we should take heed of or any tips for them spectating. Think they may just wait at the finish but if there was a chance of them catching me on the way around then that would be worth trying too.

any help appreciated :biggrin:

Noodley

Might be worth remembering that the roads are closed ;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I watched the event in its first year. I was staying at the Faskally caravan site, watched the riders go by, then, when the road opened, I drove round to Weem, near Aberfeldy and watched most come past there. Once road re-opened, drove back to Faskally.

Not brilliant for seeing you at the finish but you might be able to work something out.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Further thought:
- Kinloch Rannoch for viewing. Get to it either early following the cyclists route (need to be VERY early :wacko: ) or go reverse route/South side of Loch Tummel (shouldn't need to be quite as early :tired:)
- once cyclists have gone, go back to Pitlochry via North side of Loch Tummel

You'll need to check on the road closure times.

Top Bottom