Etape Caledonia 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smout

Ha ha - I wrote way too much an the laptop clearly knew that so deleted it all for me
angry.gif
icon_redface.gif

The short version -

V Happy an tired!

Thought maybe 5:00 to 5:15 based on 5:20 at kinross

Will definitely be aiming to beat 9:51 KOTM if I do it again! An surpassed at a 4:49:00 finish - txt message almost immediately was great :smile:

Lots of fabulous support on the way round both on the side of the road an on the bikes. Go the marshals to - I tried to thank or wave to everyone out tree supporting us especially the lass up in the cold wind I think after the feed station at the top.

:sad: very sad to see the ambulances an hear of accidents. Also seeing the lesser evil of so many punctures an broken chains - one guys went right beside me on a climb and another's chain somehow came off.

O the up side I did have lovely chats with very supportive folks on the way round. Lots of guys would praise me at my pace an try gee me on a little. I got the impression many were checking out my bike mind before the went on. Met a lass after the last feed station - she asked the time as she passed while sorting my watch. She wasn't going toooo fast so I caught her an we stayed mostly side by side till the end :smile:

edindave

Über Member
You were in the same group as me I didn't stay in it long though ;)

Congrats on the new bike btw, what did you go for in the end?

I didn't see you at all. Didn't imagine I would either lol
tongue.gif

I was so busy trying to avoid folk having clipping-in wobblies through the start funnel that I forgot to start my Garmin for a good couple of hundred yards.

Thanks - went for a Scott CR1 Team in the end. Just need to work on the engine ;)
Etape was its second decent outing so that's it broken in now that's ME broken in now.
I am quite nervous on it though - still getting used to it :smile:

Top Bottom