Etape Du Tour/Bristol Children's Hospital

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All

In May last year my son, Samuel, was born with a condition known as Transposition of the Great Arteries. This condition meant that he required open heart surgery (at 8 days old) to switch the arteries back to their proper place in order to allow oxygenation to take place. 10 months on Samuel is alive and kicking, drug-free and a very happy, bouncy baby boy.

My partner and I firmly believe that if it was not for the love, professionalism and expertise of the staff at Bristol Children's hospital - the surgeons, nurses, cardiologists, carers, that Samuel may not be with us today.

He is of course, and my way of thanking the BCH is to run myself ragged at Part 1 of this year's Etape Du Tour, taking place between Pau and Bagneres Du Luchon, taking in five mountains, four of them high category. The event takes place on Bastille Day - July 14th and the entry fee was £220 each. I don't intend to cover my own costs but would appreciate ANYTHING that people can offer in the link here and at the bottom of my signature. Please feel free to stipulate which mountain, found in the link, you'd like me to complete before you pay up! Or, just give a little something it's up to you. There is no minimum amount and all funds will go to the PICU (Primary Intensive Care Unit) and Ward 32 (Cardiac Ward). All monies will be channelled through the Wallace and Gromit Grand Appeal.

Many thanks and I think that's all the information required.

www.justgiving.com/Sam-Remington

Top Bottom