Etape Loch Ness 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Not long now until Loch Ness. How’s everyone’s training going? Were well behind due to the weather. Thankfully the indoor trainer has kept me pedalling this spring. Hopefully the weather is good.

13 rider

Guru
Not long now until Loch Ness. How’s everyone’s training going? Were well behind due to the weather. Thankfully the indoor trainer has kept me pedalling this spring. Hopefully the weather is good.
Lots of hills riden in preparation getting excited now hope the weather improves up there

Zimbob

Über Member

Hideously under-trained here.... Did my back in in October (Slipped disc/Sciatica), so struggling a bitty :sad:

May come in behind the Broom Wagon at this rate :ohmy:

Hoping the weather's kind too, we had some serious snow a couple of years back for it...

Zimbob

Über Member
Looks like it's going to be decent weather for it :becool:
I've had to withdraw unfortunately, first time I've missed it...
Have a great time tomorrow everyone!

13 rider

Guru
What a great day ,chilly to start especially while waiting to go sun came out at halfway and little wind . Target 4 hrs finished in 3.29.52 more than happy 18.6 mph the hill wasn't quite as bad as expected just went on and on

Renmurew

Veteran
What a great day ,chilly to start especially while waiting to go sun came out at halfway and little wind . Target 4 hrs finished in 3.29.52 more than happy 18.6 mph the hill wasn't quite as bad as expected just went on and on

Fantastic time. Glad you had a great day for it :-)

Renmurew

Veteran
Thank you well happy with my time Weather made the day great . Fastest guy 2.52 !!! He did the kom as well 19 mins !!!!!!

WOW!!! By that time last year I don't think I had even got to Fort Augustus, never mind gone up the hill!!! Respect to him, but I bet he wishes he'd slowed down a bit to enjoy the scenery more :tongue:

13 rider

Guru
WOW!!! By that time last year I don't think I had even got to Fort Augustus, never mind gone up the hill!!! Respect to him, but I bet he wishes he'd slowed down a bit to enjoy the scenery more :tongue:
Forget to mention the scenery simply stunning every now and then you round a corner a you go wow what a view . Wonderful part of the world and with no cars perfect cycling area .

viniga

Guru
Great weather, beautiful scenery and well organised. I might well be back! I wasn't going for an overall time and mainly pootled round with a mate and enjoyed the views. I did however have a dig at the KOM and positioned 110th and happy with that. I thought the hill was quite a toughy. As an excuse I was a wee bit tired having cycled there from Glasgow over the previous two days ^_^ if I had been fresh who knows!

Top Bottom