Etape Loch Ness 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Etape Loch Ness

The Etape Loch Ness is a 66-mile (106km) closed road cycle sportive starting and finishing in the Highland capital of Inverness.

The closed road route takes riders around the stunning shores of iconic Loch Ness providing a challenging ride with spectacular views, offering 900m of ascent.

There is a timed King of the Mountain stage, with a 4.8mile (9km) climb gaining 380m in height with a gradient reaching 12% at times.

There is an increased capacity for the 2018 event, however demand for places is expected to be high, so don’t delay and register your interest now!

www.etapelochness.com
https://www.facebook.com/etapelochness
https://www.twitter.com/EtapeLochNess
www.instagram.com/etapelochness

yerteasoot

Myself and husband are going to sign up for this next year, really looking forward to it

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
I'd love to go as I have a good friend that lives in Inverness and always tells me how beautiful the area is, all up to Fort William.

viniga

Guru
I've signed up via the charity route, will be chumming a mate round it slowly. Very slowly as I'll be cycling to Inverness over the previous two days.

13 rider

Guru
I'm in . Tried to get in last year as a 50th birthday to late so signed up early this year . Having a long weekend away to justify the 10 hour drive to a cycling event . B and B booked in Inverness really looking forward to it

Globalti

Legendary Member
That ride is about the same length as the Cape Argus, which also goes alongside water for most of its length and is an exciting and spectacular ride. Somehow I think that riding for several hours with trees on my right and a big loch on my left won't be quite as exciting!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound cocky. I'm sure the scenery is lovely and the craic excellent.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The old military road back along the south side of the Loch from Fort Augustus to Inverness is absolutely stunning - I rode it on the RAB in 2016.

The climb from Fort Augustus is seriously tough - not because of the length or steepness as such, but because the gradient keeps changing and there are loads of false summits. It's impossible to get into any kind of rhythm.

There's one point where you crest a short, steep ramp and round a bend to be greeted with the most magnificent view over Loch Ness - it really is literally breathtaking, and I would say it is probably worth doing the ride for that moment alone. That road was one of the highlights of the whole of the RAB for me (only the road up from Lairg to Altnaharra really beats it).

Lovely long descent off the other side too.

ETA: I wouldn't normally want to ride the north side of the Loch but I expect it's a lot more fun on a closed road event.

Last edited:

Renmurew

Veteran
I'm in . Tried to get in last year as a 50th birthday to late so signed up early this year . Having a long weekend away to justify the 10 hour drive to a cycling event . B and B booked in Inverness really looking forward to it

I did this event in 2016 and again in 2017. Its a stunning ride, the hill is a brute but its a great feeling to get to the top. As you near the top you will hear the piper welcoming riders to the end of the climb. Its an awesome sound!

Hope you enjoy it. Ive signed up for the Etape Caledonia instead this year but expect to do the Loch Ness run again sometime.

Top Bottom