Etape Loch Ness 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
Hopefully you still have a group to cycle with? With the numbers planning to arrive I can't imagine anyone really on their own. :okay:
Yeah, we were 4, now we are 3. I tested myself yesterday, and we'll test tomorrow and Saturday as well

steverob

Guru
Well that was fun! Although I probably wasn’t saying that halfway up the climb!

Got there early as my hotel was only 5 mins cycle from the start line and as @13 rider said, there were no obvious pens to speak of so I was probably lined up in the middle of the Cs, but it meant that I got away before 6:30.

Only stopped once on the climb, just towards the top of the first section but didn’t need to walk. I was starting to overheat so took off my jacket, got a drink, snapped a photo and was back on my way again. Moving time on the climb was 38 minutes so probably just sub-40 on the timing chip (haven’t checked yet).

Finished in 4:34:33, which includes 10 minutes or so at both the second and fourth official stops, plus a few other quick photo breaks.

Was it not such a hassle for me to get up to Inverness, I would certainly do this ride again in the future. Well organised and everyone was really friendly and patient, from the volunteers to the other riders.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
But for the travel I do in again in a heartbeat . It's a great day out on the bike
If my experience on the Calendonian Sleeper had been better (it’s basically been the only let down of this whole trip), I would certainly be coming back. But driving is not an option for me and taking a bike on a plane can be really awkward to arrange (unless there are good options to hire locally) and that puts me off.

And it’s not just the event. I’ve had such a pleasant experience cycling round the Inverness area the past few days, it really is a great place to come and see some fantastic scenery while on the bike.

Slick

Guru
4 hours and 20 minutes for me with no stops at feed stations, although I did take a well earned rest halfway up the climb. :heat:

Loved the day though.

rivers

How far can I go?
4:27 Inc stops for us. 3:54 without. We even had a cardboard cut-out of our mate who couldn't make it.
received_553679542519106.jpeg

Top Bottom