Ethernet cable impedance mismatch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yello

I forgot to mention, I did a test using a couple of powerline adaptors* to exclude the cable itself from the equation. The switch still reported a mismatch error... but on an entirely different port/cable :rolleyes:

*powerline adaptors have their place, no doubt about it, but I have my reservations. I used them to start with (before cabling) and they worked but I would always cable if at all possible. I've no proof but my gut tells me there must be some form of interference.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I forgot to mention, I did a test using a couple of powerline adaptors* to exclude the cable itself from the equation. The switch still reported a mismatch error... but on an entirely different port/cable :rolleyes:

*powerline adaptors have their place, no doubt about it, but I have my reservations. I used them to start with (before cabling) and they worked but I would always cable if at all possible. I've no proof but my gut tells me there must be some form of interference.
My network is currently a single powerline socket at the router feeding TPLINK AV600 wifi AP's cloned for a fairly seamless network. You are correct, there is by default some degradation down to the house wiring which I believe is somewhat more noticable when your connection in is usually around 20mb, it wouldn't make a massive if any impact on a decent fibre line.

Top Bottom