Ethical energy company? Weird...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Me too. It's the security of knowing what is in the bank each month after bills are covered is mine to spend.

When we worked overspending wasn't a big issue. On a pension it is.

I can remember a period when I was working where we mostly lived on the overdraft, by the end of the first or second week the wages were gone and we were in debt, I had an agreed overdraft and lived on that for the rest of the month, when I was paid that paid of what I owed and the cycle started again.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@dave r yes when the kids were young, that's till their education was finished, we were the same. Once they all left we ditched the overdraft.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am with Bulb as well. Excellent company. I can also decided what to pay each month and I go with a credit build up so that I can use more electricity in the winter months without being afraid that my Bill's will suddenly increase by a stupid amount . I really like bulb. So much better than Scottish power.

Really like them too.
And a bonus is that I have got a few friends to sign up so the £50 they give me for the referrals goes into the extra winter heating pot.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Really like them too.
And a bonus is that I have got a few friends to sign up so the £50 they give me for the referrals goes into the extra winter heating pot.

Well done. I also like that they send me an email every monthdl telling me how.much electricity I have used. First class company

D

Deleted member 26715

I can remember a period when I was working where we mostly lived on the overdraft, by the end of the first or second week the wages were gone and we were in debt, I had an agreed overdraft and lived on that for the rest of the month, when I was paid that paid of what I owed and the cycle started again.
I remember those times very well, started around !985 & went on for about 20 years, including being charged nearly £200 in 2 days around 1996 by the Nat West by going over the agreed overdraft. When asked "How do you think charging us £200 which puts us further over the overdraft was going to help getting back into credit?" there was no answer other than "Have you considered declaring yourself bankrupt!"

D

Deleted member 1258

@dave r yes when the kids were young, that's till their education was finished, we were the same. Once they all left we ditched the overdraft.

I still have the overdraft available, but never use it these days, keep it in case of an emergency.

Jody

Stubborn git
I can set my payments at whatever I see fit with Bulb I tend to run with a small credit

I've been really happy with bulb. They advise me when in paying too much and I can alter my DD at any time. Im also currently running a small credit.

Tried a couple of comparison sites last week and bulb are still the cheapest by far 3 years after I signed up.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I still have the overdraft available, but never use it these days, keep it in case of an emergency.

Yes so did we. I meant we ditched using it. I get a text alert when our balance drops below £250. I then move money to the account to ensure we don't go overdrawn.

snorri

Legendary Member
I am with Bulb as well. Excellent company. I can also decided what to pay each month and I go with a credit build up so that I can use more electricity in the winter months without being afraid that my Bill's will suddenly increase by a stupid amount . I really like bulb. So much better than Scottish power.
I'm glad to hear it!
I've just recently signed up to Bulb, got fed up with being locked in to SEE with my ancient heating system.
So far so good.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Having been with Scottish Power, almost any other company would be ethical. An example of their practice: at the end of the summer period I submitted a meter reading and was told my account was £70 in credit so they wanted to INCREASE my monthy payments.

Now I'm with Bulb, as it seems like quite a few more are, and thay offered to decrease my payments as the acount was in credit last month (I'm another who runs a credit in summer/autumn to allow for increased gas/electricity use in winter/spring)

Top Bottom