Etiquette for scalping time triallists..............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
Ghost Donkey, I was more thinking when I actually go out on a 'hard' training ride with fairly strong triathletes. I find it surprising how weak some are considering that they have a rep for a strong cycling bias.

GrasB said:
Ghost Donkey, I was more thinking when I actually go out on a 'hard' training ride with fairly strong triathletes. I find it surprising how weak some are considering that they have a rep for a strong cycling bias.

Fair enough :becool:. I'm a cyclist who fancied a triathlon although I'm not much of a cyclist and would be dropped by most serious riders. The worst part for me was neglecting the cycling in training to concentrate on learning front crawl only to get ill twice in the training build up (not overtraining but viral diseases from the nursery my children go to). If you add in trravelling to three family birthdays I was out for nearly six weeks. I ended with rubbish swimming and neglected cycling :laugh:.

darkstar

In all seriousness, who gives a crap what bike someone is riding. If they are riding a 10k TT bike, let them enjoy it, don't look down on them simply because you can cycle quicker than them. Anyone who takes pleasure in it obviously has nothing else to make themselves feel good in life.

Top Bottom