Etiquette - if you see a "ripoff"

What do you do if you see a "ripoff"

• PM any potentail buyer who expresses an interest?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One of those points......

There is something on sale on the forum and it is overpriced (in this case 20% more expensive than a new one!)

It may be the seller is unaware of the true value, but someone is going to pay over the odds for a second hand item

What do you do?

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
Polite PM, then rethink your strategy based on the response.

You missed out pm the mods or report the post and let them deal with it, which is the best and only option.

Cubist

Still wavin'
So many different possibilities. When you say 20% more than new, is that retail, or a bargain price at a discount online deal? Is the item in stock, or is it highly desirable and hard to obtain? Has it been modified or upgraded ?

Personally I'd pm the seller and tel them that they are charging too much and tell them where to find the price you're basing this on. We're all capable of a bit of online research, and if we can't find a google shopping result, perhaps we are better off in a LBS

soulful dog

Veteran
If it's as straightforward as you make it sound (i.e. it's like-for-like but is used & being sold for more than new), I'd post publicly on the forum querying the price and why. Yes buyer beware to an extent, but they seller may not be aware they have priced it too high, and if they are, seller beware, they are posting it on a public forum so if someone wants to point out the high price, it's fair game.

Top Bottom