Etiquette??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Being of portly build I clothe my speed in flabby stealth camouflage...:blush:
I'm fairly quick for a pie eater and it's always a pleasure to burn off the odd racing whippet. They may be tapering after an 80 mile training ride at 25 average, but don't piss on my moment of glory, ok? :o)

Chuffy said:
Being of portly build I clothe my speed in flabby stealth camouflage...:biggrin:
I'm fairly quick for a pie eater and it's always a pleasure to burn off the odd racing whippet. They may be tapering after an 80 mile training ride at 25 average, but don't piss on my moment of glory, ok? :biggrin:

A couple of years ago, I was on the MTB as a club group swept by. I couldn't resist and chased after them and tucked in behind the group of about 20 without them noticing. They slowed to turn right and I went through on the inside with a "Have a good ride." Their faces were a picture.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Etiquette is what you use to exclude people from your social group, while manners are used to include.

I'd say it's polite to tell the person you're drafting that you're there, at least in ordinary riding on the road.

bonj2

CarnageAX said:
Unless that roadie has just ridden 100 miles over hill and country and you sail by after your 5th mile that day!

All things considered I know who the sensible one is.

er... but the MTBer doesn't know he's just done 100 miles does he. So in his mind, he's still obviously faster.

And anyway, what sort of cretin slows down towards the end? You should pace yourself - unless you're doing a sprint, in which you're doing aerobic exercise, your work rate should be able to be the same unless you've bonked.

Besides, what does it matter what the reason he's slow is? He could be slow just because he doesn't want to ride faster, or because he's fat,or whatever - but he's still slower.