Eurostar discount.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Being a Yorkshire man with a Scottish grandfather makes me rather tight, I like a good deal and hate paying full price for anything. With that in mind does anyone know how to get cheaper Eurostar tickets?

We will be down south on Wednesday 31st July, 2 people, Ebbsfleet to Paris Gare Du Nord, 10.42am Going, 20.13pm return.

We’ve never been on the Eurostar before but the price of £282 for the 2 of us is hard to stomach!

Thanks all in advance.

D

Deleted member 26715

£282 for the 2 of us
Sorry I cannot help, but Ouch, I wouldn't be going that would be my Yorkshire response.

Sharky

Guru
There were deals, but you've missed the boat (sorry train)

Enjoy a sizzling sojourn by the Seine for less, with 38,000 seats to Paris from just £29 each way*.

Make the most of the sun with pique-niques in the park, steady strolls along sun-kissed boulevards, and an apéro or two as the sun sets.

Book before 27 June 2019 for travel between 30 July and 16 October 2019.

Only done it couple of times, but it's a great day out. We've usually had a couple of stops overnight in Paris as well. Traveling on the first train out, about 6am and getting into Paris for breakfast.

tom73

Guru
Remember to cross check any via cash back sites. You may get even a better deal than just a ticket discount.
Alway's worth a go you never know :okay:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If you are prepared to take the Dover - Calais Ferry then take the TGV from Calais you can drop the price to £165. The railway station does not take long by bus from the ferry terminal.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Don't try and bring back more than one bottle of wine on Eurostar. They'll confiscate it.

Edit: sorry, they changed that after a bit of an outcry. I think it's four bottles now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spiderweb

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
If you are prepared to take the Dover - Calais Ferry then take the TGV from Calais you can drop the price to £165. The railway station does not take long by bus from the ferry terminal.
We are in Dartford for a few days, time is restricted as we are dropping our daughter off at Performers, a summer school type thing each day so the ferry isn’t an option. The 31st is the only day we have more time to do Paris as our daughter isn’t back till 11.30pm that day.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Don't try and bring back more than one bottle of wine on Eurostar. They'll confiscate it.

Edit: sorry, they changed that after a bit of an outcry. I think it's four bottles now.
Take a cabin bag, and a big suitcase.

Put undies, tolietries & c. in cabin bag. Put wine, beer and whatever eurogoodies take your fancy in suitcase.

Top Bottom