Eurovelo 8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikey951r

Veteran
Having done LEJOG 3 years ago and this year the French equivalent Channel to Med, I’m looking for next year’s challenge. This year I cycled along a stretch of the Med and I really enjoyed it. I really do fancy doing the entire 7,560 km Eurovelo 8 route.

I’ve still got to get full agreement from the wife, but I’m part way there and, as she’s bust her ankle and wrist, I’m adding brownie points galore every day. Having searched on the web, on forums and on you tube I can find a few people who’ve done parts of it, but I’m thinking there are very few people who’ve ridden the entire route.

My questions are; has anybody ridden the entire route? If not has anybody ridden parts of it? If so which parts have they ridden and is it recommend?

Having done LEJOG 3 years ago and this year the French equivalent Channel to Med, I’m looking for next year’s challenge. This year I cycled along a stretch of the Med and I really enjoyed it. I really do fancy doing the entire 7,560 km Eurovelo 8 route.

I’ve still got to get full agreement from the wife, but I’m part way there and, as she’s bust her ankle and wrist, I’m adding brownie points galore every day. Having searched on the web, on forums and on you tube I can find a few people who’ve done parts of it, but I’m thinking there are very few people who’ve ridden the entire route.

My questions are; has anybody ridden the entire route? If not has anybody ridden parts of it? If so which parts have they ridden and is it recommend?

Try CrazyGuyOnABike for journals.
After Italy it appears the route is more in planning than in reality.
Just thinking about it, you'd probably need to do that in such a way as to avoid the hot weather extremes.
Check put Stephen Peel https://www.stephenpeel.co.uk/bicycle-touring#! I think he went some of that way.

Top Bottom