Eurovision ~ Malmö, 2024

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
As for our entry, sure it's not as good as "Spaceman" but it's miles better than "I Wrote a Song" which was awful.

I loved that song! And I use it regularly in my class when they say ‘I writ something’ and I say ‘wrote’ and my well trained children sing ‘today I wrote a song’. So thanks Mae 🤣

AndyRM

XOXO
I loved that song! And I use it regularly in my class when they say ‘I writ something’ and I say ‘wrote’ and my well trained children sing ‘today I wrote a song’. So thanks Mae 🤣

I just thought it was a bit "meh" really.

Enjoyed this evening. Got 6 of the finalists right.

AndyRM

XOXO
These were our scores from last night.

Blue ticks were who we thought would go through, red the actual result.

IMG20240508073813.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
The UK entry this year is utterly woeful.

We've had much, much worse.

Scooch, Jemimi, Josh Dubovi, Andy Abraham, Daz Sampson, James Newman, Englebert Humperdinck (who I genuinely thought was dead until he rocked up in 2012).

That's just off the top of my head in the last 20 years.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I've had something of an argument with a sibling over Eurovision... They're boycotting it because of Israel's inclusion.

I didn't realise this had even been considered by, well, anyone as a valid form of protest but apparently it is.

Personally I think it's ridiculous as Eurovision is a non political event. And also they didn't boycott last year's event despite what Russia was up to (they nearly went to watch it in one of the Liverpool fan park things).

It's not a full blown argument, and I do respect the decision but it does seem like a pretty bizarre angle to me.

Finland's is a bit weird

Is a Eurovision-specific judgement?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Personally I think it's ridiculous as Eurovision is a non political event. And also they didn't boycott last year's event despite what Russia was up to (they nearly went to watch it in one of the Liverpool fan park things).

Russia were banned last year. This year too, I believe.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We've had much, much worse.

Scooch, Jemimi, Josh Dubovi, Andy Abraham, Daz Sampson, James Newman, Englebert Humperdinck (who I genuinely thought was dead until he rocked up in 2012).

Scooch were AMAZING. I have no idea how that little piece of Europerfection didn't win.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Whatever the Dutch lad did, it must have been serious for the organisers to disrupt the final the way they have. Not a decision to be taken lightly. Swedish media are reporting he assaulted a female member of the production crew.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Whichever country is suffering from a war at the moment will win. The Eurovision song contest has become a joke over the years and I will certainly not watch it.

presta

Guru
It was on when my video came to the end of a recording the other night, so I watched for a few minutes before switching over. I was left with the feeling that someone needs to take them all aside, performers, presenters, costume designers, cameramen, lighting engineers, set designers, the whole lot, and explain that less is sometimes more.

Brandane

Legendary Member
These were our scores from last night.

Blue ticks were who we thought would go through, red the actual result.

View attachment 730087

I am very surprised that as a Scottish person (??) you let this one get through..... Since when did ENGLAND have an entry on Eurovision?? I believe it's a UNITED KINGDOM entry! I'm sure you will understand my frustration at the inability of people to differentiate. Please have a word with Muffin or Cupcake!!
As for Eurovision; hmmmm, I might find an old film to watch for the hundredth time on another channel.

Top Bottom