Evans blames Sky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moxey

Cadel Evans has blamed team sky riders for yesterdays crash saying

"I kept myself at the front for 216 kilometres, but then I made a turn and all of the Sky riders hit the ground. I hit the ground too and I was never able to get back up front. It is very frustrating. You keep yourself at front all day then a super team, as they call it, crashes to the ground," Evans continued.
"There was not even wind in that section, why did they have to crash there at 10 kilometres to the line? We were not even going fast. I don't know if the riders don't know how to ride their bikes anymore or they don't know how to concentrate. Obviously, there are traffic islands and so on, which are very cycling friendly for commuters, but you can't see them when racing because they are so small and low"

Not seen it myself as yet but got it recorded.

Keith Oates

Janner
He has to blame somebody, after all you can't blame yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raindog

er.....
It was mayhem. But Evans is just whinging as usual. Holland is cyclist friendly but there's a big difference between people trogging about on Dutch bikes with baskets on the front to a pack of almost 200 riders racing flat out.

FFS, why does the Giro have to start in Holland anyway? It all comes down to big bucks in the end. Hope Prudhomme is taking a good hard look at this mess before july comes round.

yello

It would appear Vino is no fan of cuddles either!!

"I wasn't going for the pink jersey ... but I am happy Evans has lost it," Vinokourov said.

Bit rich from Vino, I don't think he'd win popularity contests either! :smile:

Quote from the beeb, btw

Will1985

Über Member
Evans is a whinger.

If you think the Netherlands is a bad place to start, what the hell is going to happen if/when they go to Washington DC? Let's hope that a volcano erupts and prevents the Giro returning just to make RCS realise what a big mistake they have made.

ChristinaJL

It's never Evan's fault when he loses the jersey according to him. :smile: If Sky were such bad riders, why was he cycling a lot of the time next to them - and where was his team when he needed it - seems he should be asking them why they were so far behind? :smile:

I try to like Cadel, but his whinging gets on my nerves. :biggrin:

yello

ChristinaJL said:
his whinging gets on my nerves. :biggrin:

Ah, but that IS Cadel! Take away the whinging and he ceases to be! I really like the prima donna stuff (especially from an Aussie!) and can't wait for the next instalment! :laugh:

He's a damned fine bike rider too. I hope he's happier with his team now. If so, I think he's a real contender for TdF victory.

ChristinaJL

yello said:
Ah, but that IS Cadel! Take away the whinging and he ceases to be!

I suppose it's better to have character than be bland. :laugh:

I agree re TdF, but I think he still needs more support from his team, as he lost a lot of energy chasing back on yesterday and it would have helped to have at least one team mate to do the pulling.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'd put money on him being clean which is something to counterbalance his whingeing character. It is fun seeing him riled though!

Isla Valassi

Veteran
raindog said:
Holland is cyclist friendly but there's a big difference between people trogging about on Dutch bikes with baskets on the front to a pack of almost 200 riders racing flat out.

Remember of course that most of their roads were never designed for use by cyclists as most cycling is done on the dedicated cycle paths. Also bear in mind that there is bound to be added danger when sections of the roads have speed limits of 20 mph for vehicles and the riders are trying to negotiate those same sections at around 30-40 mph.

Keith Oates

Janner
Interesting article RC, and it really does show another good side of him apart from his cycling achievments. No doubt he is a likable character when you meet and talk to him but it seems that a lot of the 'press quotes' attributed to him are whinges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom