Evans Cycles - New Durham Shop Opening

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G-Zero

Über Member
Good to see some expansion going on and a bit of competition in the area.

New shop opening up this coming weekend in the old Topps Tiles building opposite Pulman Volkswagen at Pity Me.

It's only half a mile from home and I would have popped in to see if they have any opening day specials on, but I'm stuck at work all weekend.

That's good news, I work just around the corner from there so I think I'll go and have a look. I went to the new Decathlon store at Team Valley on Friday- they had lots of nice shiny stuff in there! Hubby and I are finally going to be buying our bikes in the New Year (hopefully in the sale!) so this new store comes just at the right time!

OP
OP
G-Zero

G-Zero

Über Member
That's good news, I work just around the corner from there so I think I'll go and have a look. I went to the new Decathlon store at Team Valley on Friday- they had lots of nice shiny stuff in there! Hubby and I are finally going to be buying our bikes in the New Year (hopefully in the sale!) so this new store comes just at the right time!

From your avatar and location, I'm guessing you live a little further up the A1, but with working this way Infinity Cycles at Langley Moor have some excellent bikes in. Depending on what you are both looking for, it might be worth a visit too.

Happy shopping :bicycle:

@G-Zero , this is actually my local bike shop so I suppose I should have a look here too especially as it is literally at the bottom of my street!

http://www.giant-newcastle.co.uk/en-GB/

However, their website shows the bikes are really expensive and way out of my budget but I was thinking maybe I could go in and chat about what I wanted, then use this info to help me in a cheaper shop. Hubby said that was totally out of order :laugh:

Last edited:

Neilsmith

From your avatar and location, I'm guessing you live a little further up the A1, but with working this way Infinity Cycles at Langley Moor have some excellent bikes in. Depending on what you are both looking for, it might be worth a visit too.

Happy shopping :bicycle:
Infinity Cycles were great when I bought my MTB in October, I spent nearly 2 hours there while my poor wife had a little sleep in the camper van in the car park.
It's Cube heaven on the first floor :eek:

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Giant Newcastle are pricey compared to the Internet but their level of service once you've bought from the is second to none. I'm getting my replacement RH ultegra shifter from there cheaper than any other supplier, and my oe mech hanger was a tenna, half the price of anywhere else

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I went to the new Decathlon store at Team Valley on Friday

I want to have a look at some point, it will be my first visit to a Decathlon.

A higher end shop nearby is Team Cycles, which I think has only been open for a couple of years.

Go Outdoors at Portrack Lane in Stockton has a banner about an extended cycling department, so it looks like they are pushing that side of the business.

http://www.teamcycles.com/

damj

Such a wonderful name for a village :smile:
Durham lad myself, although living up the wear valley.. Coming out of the Arnison centre last week, my daughter yelped 'pity me' that's funny. Good news for Durham can't wait to have look around :smile:

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I think Pity Me is an apt name for the place, it really is quite grey and drab!

@Kevoffthetee do you ride with Blaydon club? I mentioned to Hubby that it might be nice to join up once we get our bikes and get a few miles under our belt.
Hi, yeah I'm one of the development ride leaders (35-45miles at 13-14mph) but we have 4 different groups depending on what people want or their ability. Most important is ALL group have cake stops and have a no-drop rule :okay:

I might be picking your brains soon @Kevoffthetee if that's ok? I have read your clubs website and like the sound of it (especially the cake bit!). In your opinion should we go straight for a road bike? I've read about hybrids but it's hard to know where to start! An entry level road bike in Decathlon is £260 and I think that's what we might plump for initially.
Any advice? Thanks!

Top Bottom