Evan's Warehouse Sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had to use the train on Monday, popped into the Cut on the way out of town and treated myself to two new pairs of socks - one Specialized and the other Mavic.

Specialized ones lasted all of thirty seconds before commencing 'le grand unravel'. Seems like I was the only one stitched up...
Mavic ones seem ok - so far :laugh:

I will not be going to Evans but I hope you find some bargains - in cellophane - or otherwise! ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
can be worth it, got some bargain bits last year and there were some v cheap bikes but they don't have everything out everyday so if you are coming a distance it is worth checking with them beforehand. Be prepared to hand over significant plastic and id and children/significant other if you want a test ride. reasonable in my view but others got all shouty about it.

The online sale is pretty good - just got a pair of my beloved trek shorts that I couldn't find anywhere else for 30 instead of 50, one happy bunny - they seem to be the only shorts that fit me properly!

iLB

Hello there
i'll be going for a look around

mmm... new bike :becool:

punkypossum said:
The online sale is pretty good - just got a pair of my beloved trek shorts that I couldn't find anywhere else for 30 instead of 50, one happy bunny - they seem to be the only shorts that fit me properly!

I've heard tell they're an unusual shape.

:becool:

triptix

I'm hoping to go too, probably during the week as I am looking for a tourer- probably a 19 " frame- so will keep an eye on this thread to see what others have found. I live in Devon but have parents an hour away from Gatwick so will combine the 2 (unless of course people think it will be highly unlikely I will find something.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
i got a leaflet through the post, those sort of things are pot luck, but may well be worth a look round, only an hour or so from Crawley/Gatwick so may convince my boss to take a drive up there for a phantom meeting!

theboytaylor

I'm in two minds. I went down there last year on the first Saturday and the queue was horrendous. I just turned around and left as it was baking hot and I hadn't gone with anything specific in mind.

Saw some comments on Bikeradar that said that the bargains weren't that much cheaper than on t'interweb, but I guess it depends what you're after.

So, if I do go, I'll probably go during the week. If anything I'm on the lookout for components or some new shoes rather than a whole bike, so midweek there might still be some decent stuff left. Or maybe not...!

Well, glad I've settled that then...;)

iLB

Hello there
went there this morning, spent more than 2 hours queuing to get in :tongue: :biggrin:
it was probably just about worth it, specialized tubes foir 1.99 was my fave part having spent 11.98 on two earlier in the week, so i got 10 :angry:
also got a mavic jersey, some bianchi bib shorts,
nothing that amazing by way of discount in bikes, although there was a tarmac sl2 for 3200 not 4000 quid so technically thats a good saving but for some reason my dad didnt want to get it for me :smile:, it was my size too...

Top Bottom