The unicorn has appeared for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
A Ti bike that I used to lust after has appeared for sale in my size (I’m pretty sure having sat on one donkey’s year ago). It’s not a spec I would choose (10 speed ultegra triple), the bars are way too wide and stem will be too long. It’s also a 3 hour drive away so would need to be bought unseen!
I have a Ti bike, I have a loved steel bike with a very similar spec and I have two other bikes I barely use :wacko: Space is a consideration but manageable.

The actual paying for it is not an issue.

However,will I regret not buying, bearing in mind I’ve had an alert on this bike for at least 5 years?
Or will I regret buying As I may rarely use it and will need to spend a few quid getting it to spec?

what say y’all? :wacko:

Get it.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'd say go for it. You only live once, and if it's not hideously over-priced then it's ok. Worst case, you don't get on with it and then you sell it. If you've been looking for one for so long, presumably there aren't many around so should sell ok in the spring?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Buy it Vickster! I suspect you know this (being about as long in the tooth as I am 🤭🤫) but you very rarely get another chance down the line, and all our lives are marked with moments where we didn't seize the day and we regret it. You can afford it, you don't have anyone to answer to financially as I understand it, so go for it while you can.

The very, very worst case scenario is that the itch gets scratched and you're not as keen as you thought, and then you sell it. So not disastrous even if it's not what you thought. But I think we know that's unlikely.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
If it's the one you're after, and have been waiting for 5 years, then I'd advise getting it.

Sell the groupset, bars, stem and fit the components you want instead to cover (some of) that cost.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
You can make a bit of money back by selling the unwanted components.

Alex321

Veteran
Get it.

If you are going to regret a decision, always better to regret a reversible one - if you don't get it, you can't change your mind, but if you do, you can.

At worst, you find you don't actually like it, so sell it on again, probably making very little loss (mainly the cost of collecting it).

Top Bottom