The unicorn has appeared for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
There's a nice ti for sale in Coventry that i quite like the look of as well ^_^
Buy it then ;)

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

cheys03

Veteran
Buy it. Strip it. Build your dream spec. Re-use what you can but don't be afraid of replacing something because you don't love it. Enjoy it!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
A Ti bike that I used to lust after has appeared for sale in my size (I’m pretty sure having sat on one donkey’s year ago). It’s not a spec I would choose (10 speed ultegra triple), the bars are way too wide and stem will be too long. It’s also a 3 hour drive away so would need to be bought unseen!
I have a Ti bike, I have a loved steel bike with a very similar spec and I have two other bikes I barely use :wacko: Space is a consideration but manageable.

The actual paying for it is not an issue.

However,will I regret not buying, bearing in mind I’ve had an alert on this bike for at least 5 years?
Or will I regret buying As I may rarely use it and will need to spend a few quid getting it to spec?

what say y’all? :wacko:
Just get it already

There is a threshold once you cross, you will go into the regret zone if you don't go for it. You only cross that threshold if you know what you want, you thought about it for quite a while and made the decision to get it once it becomes available again. I think the @vickster crossed that threshold long time ago.

a.twiddler

Veteran
One point of view suggests that it's a tragedy when people can't get the things they want, and a worse tragedy when they actually do get what they want. This is because it's character building to learn to do without things, but mere self gratification when you can actually afford it!

I don't hold that point of view. If you buy this bike after years of anticipation what's the worst that can happen? Perhaps it won't live up to your expectations or will need some work to get it the way you want it. Every bike I've ever bought has been modified or adjusted to suit me. You might do the same. It might take a while to get to love it, or you might just find one of your present bikes does the job just as well. It might just be nice to have because of what it is. As others have said, you could probably sell it on without loss if it comes to the worst.

It might just be that it will be everything you've hoped it could be, and will just love it. You'll never know unless you try it. At worst, you'll have scratched an itch, at best, it's always nice to have a new bike, especially one that has something special about it. Speaking as someone who can hardly get into his garage for bikes, N+1 is always nice to have.

I'd buy it.

And the Park Book of Bicycle maintenance in case, after a bit of riding, you want to tinker with it to get the exact spec you need.

Old bits can be sold.

If changes are going to involve trips to a bike shop I'd leave it and wait for the spec you really want.

Top Bottom