The unicorn has appeared for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks great!

Have you taken it for a spin?
Not yet

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ve just done the first 5 miles. Lovely springy frame :wub: saddle is a bit too low, just having a coffee (with her locked up but in sight), I’ll adjust before heading back.
Definitely the correct frame size, but I wonder if the cranks might be longer as I had pedal stroke going round a corner (on the brand new pedals) which has never happened there before.
I’ll need to get used to the gearing as I spun out on the middle ring while unless i have a very rattly chain the lowest gear on the big ring was a bit much for my dodgy knees esp with the low saddle. Around here on the SRAM set ups I rarely use the little ring!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve just done the first 5 miles. Lovely springy frame :wub: saddle is a bit too low, just having a coffee (with her locked up but in sight), I’ll adjust before heading back.
Definitely the correct frame size, but I wonder if the cranks might be longer as I had pedal stroke going round a corner (on the brand new pedals) which has never happened there before.
I’ll need to get used to the gearing as I spun out on the middle ring while unless i have a very rattly chain the lowest gear on the big ring was a bit much for my dodgy knees esp with the low saddle. Around here on the SRAM set ups I rarely use the little ring!

Or lower bottom bracket?

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I have an old 105 triple on my Van Nich and it took me a while to get used to the SRAM on the Hurricane - didn't think the SRAM gearing would be low enough to use compared to the 'emergency' / granny gear of Shimano - but its been fine, now just remember which set up I'm using...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
the crank arms generally have the size on them on the inner side

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks nice, except for the pannier rack (I never use one).

As stated above check the inside of the cranks on two bikes too see if they're different. And have the crank up on a corner :okay:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks nice, except for the pannier rack (I never use one).

As stated above check the inside of the cranks on two bikes too see if they're different. And have the crank up on a corner :okay:
If I don’t have a rack on a bike, I know I’ll rarely use it as almost all of my rides involve coffee and / or shopping with a longish stop and thus the need for a D lock. I don’t get on with saddle bags, just too small and fiddly even the big ones!

I can’t see anything written on the cranks, now I know there could be pedal strike, I’ll just go round corners with speed humps more slowly :laugh:

Top Bottom