Evans, Wiggle or Chain reaction?

Evans, Wiggle or Chain reaction?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
As the title says, who’s the best, cheapest, fastest at delivery or simply who do you prefer to use out of the 3. Sorry LBS is not an option.

Please cast your vote!!!

medavidcook

Hey,

I have gone with Chain on basis of being the cheapest, each offer different services, Evans i can click and go, pop to store and try it out before i buy it. Wiggle seems to stock less and be more expensive, wiggle offer price match service but dont actually match things, i wanted something chain and evans sold out and were £50 cheaper than wiggle get in contact with wiggle who had the item but would only give me £10 off. Which was pointless as the item i needed next day would cost £9.99 in next day delivery,.

So each has there own benefits.

Mile195

Veteran
I always use Evans because I get a discount there, but that only makes them the same price as everywhere else. I've used Wiggle, but I don't like paying for delivery, and I find their website is really badly organised... And last time I bought something I didn't get a bag of haribo in the box. That was the deal breaker....

I was pleasantly surprised though by Merlin Cycles who supplied my new wheels about £70 cheaper than anyone else could. I think I may buy from them more often in the future.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You should have added a choice for whoever is the cheapest.
In my experience they are all pretty good with delivery but there are other just as good if not better companies out there. Ribble, CycleStore, Spa, Parkers of Bolton just for starters.

Paul99

Über Member
+1 for whoever is cheapest.

I nearly always use Merlin for components and the like, they are rarely beaten for price in my experience, and delivery is usually very quick. The Germans are also just as likely to get your stuff delivered as speedily as the UK based companies can aswell, with the bonus of being cheaper for a lot of stuff.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Koo Bikes is worth a look. Good offers, decent service and £5 credit when signing up for their newsletter email last time I looked.
Also you get 'Points' when you buy stuff. That equates to about £7 for me at the moment.

zizou

Veteran
Whoever is cheapest!

My experience is that quickest delivery has consistently been merlin over the years. wiggle is a bit more expensive these days than it used to be but the BC is useful. Evans usually a bit more expensive again but getting things delivered to a store is quite handy plus that is good if you need to return something.

Chain reaction used to be my first choice but not so much now - their website is pretty poor in terms of navigation and i get a bit annoyed with how they price things - you click on something expecting price X but its only on the product page you find out that price is for one size and the rest are more expensive. That has put me off browsing their site for bargains.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Whichever is least expensive for a particular item, and stocks the item. CRC often win due to free p+p for all items, ditto PBK. Best price often at Ribble. Also recommend Rose, Bike-Discount, and Bike24, all German, for higher price items. Had terrific service from Bike24 over Christmas - ordered Christmas Eve, delivered 27th! - and they were the only supplier I could find anywhere who had the part in stock, and at a discount :thumbsup:.

I check a variety of shops tbh. Last night for what I wanted, Wiggle was cheapest in some places, Ribblecycles for others and Discount-bikes.de for other parts. 3 shops got my orders totally £300 which would have cost me more than £400 if any single one had had all of the parts. Shop around is always the answer (that and use handy discount codes/sales etc).

Top Bottom