Evans, Wiggle or Chain reaction?

Evans, Wiggle or Chain reaction?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Wiggle wins for Haribo, and packing my purchase in a box 16 times larger than required
CRC often wins for prices
Evans wins if there is a specific reason why I want to collect in person using click-and-collect
I also use Ribble and SJS quite regularly

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
First used crc this week, very poor experience in havi g to chase up a processing order 3 days after placed

Have used wiggle up to now, find service good, like the collect pick up option as saves anyone being home to take delivery, and I love haribo

martint235

Dog on a bike
JE James are the best for all those little things that no one else seems to stock.

Rose ime take a while to deliver and postage costs can be a bit high. Great stuff though

ayceejay

Guru
You really have to shop around as loyalty counts for nothing. Canada is a backwater for cycling gear bargains, I live near Montreal where Argon 18 - Giro - Louis Garneau and Cervelo have connections yet it is cheaper to buy almost anywhere else.
Packing is a big issue for me as I tend to buy online from the UK, PBK sent me a $200 helmet in a plastic bag together with some small items and a chain, the small items disappeared through a hole made by the chain floating about and the helmet was damaged. I returned the helmet at a cost of $35, the cost of the helmet was reimbursed but not my $35. Planet X sent two tyres in a huge box together with a cassette that had fortunately not rasped on the tyres but surely this is not rocket science?
I got a good deal from de wielershop in Holland but the postage killed it.
CRC answered my query and then supplied my stuff in good condition (well packed).

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you are buying shoes and clothes, make sure you use somewhere with "free returns". Cycling sizing is on another planet compared to your other clothes. Wiggle have free returns. I don't know about CRC, they may have.

BTW, Spa are good for components.

e-rider

crappy member
None of the above! Rose make them look like amateurs.
Rose are a professional bunch - really top quality, however, the shipping issues (esp. returns) puts me off most of the time. I have ordered some stuff from them though; things that are very unlikely to ever need returning.

e-rider

crappy member
If you are buying shoes and clothes, make sure you use somewhere with "free returns". Cycling sizing is on another planet compared to your other clothes. Wiggle have free returns. I don't know about CRC, they may have.

BTW, Spa are good for components.
Wiggle and CRC both have free returns, but not for very large items

Diggs

Veteran
They are all good but I tend to use CRC. For some reason, the Wiggle website runs painfully slowly on my computers. I know not why.
Yep I get that at work (although not at home),although in this case it may be the antiquated browsers used, presumably to discourage non-work related activities

e-rider

crappy member
As the title says, who’s the best, cheapest, fastest at delivery or simply who do you prefer to use out of the 3. Sorry LBS is not an option.

Please cast your vote!!!
I have ordered LOTS from all 3. Evans is the worst of the bunch.
CRC and Wiggle are the only 2 online shops to rarely piss me off! Although they both have in the past.
As an estimate IME, CRC and Wiggle stuff up about 1 in 50 orders so that is really quite good.
Evans on the otherhand, are very slow at shipping stuff, lots of things arrived 'shop soiled' as they often take stuff off the shelves of their shops, and when they stuff up they do it good! They also don't offer free returns. However, they do have good offers on and lots of discount vouchers.

e-rider

crappy member
First used crc this week, very poor experience in havi g to chase up a processing order 3 days after placed

Have used wiggle up to now, find service good, like the collect pick up option as saves anyone being home to take delivery, and I love haribo
If you check the CRC facebook page, they seem to have some issues right now with lots of people not getting their orders. In the past they have been very good though. I ordered a FSA headset Thursday this week and it arrived Saturday morning - not bad!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
JE James are the best for all those little things that no one else seems to stock.

Rose ime take a while to deliver and postage costs can be a bit high. Great stuff though
Sometimes you have little choice if the supplier is the only one to stock the item you want. Always take the carriage charges into account. When I bought wheels from Rose they were the cheapest, including p & p.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
If you check the CRC facebook page, they seem to have some issues right now with lots of people not getting their orders. In the past they have been very good though. I ordered a FSA headset Thursday this week and it arrived Saturday morning - not bad!
Dont follow there Facebook, just expected an order placed Tuesday for in stock items to be beyond processing Friday and need chased up. Not a great first impression.

You really have to shop around as loyalty counts for nothing. Canada is a backwater for cycling gear bargains, I live near Montreal where Argon 18 - Giro - Louis Garneau and Cervelo have connections yet it is cheaper to buy almost anywhere else.
Packing is a big issue for me as I tend to buy online from the UK, PBK sent me a $200 helmet in a plastic bag together with some small items and a chain, the small items disappeared through a hole made by the chain floating about and the helmet was damaged. I returned the helmet at a cost of $35, the cost of the helmet was reimbursed but not my $35. Planet X sent two tyres in a huge box together with a cassette that had fortunately not rasped on the tyres but surely this is not rocket science?
I got a good deal from de wielershop in Holland but the postage killed it.
CRC answered my query and then supplied my stuff in good condition (well packed).
You may find St John Street Cycles (SJS) a better option. They supply lots of stuff that others can't and are more than used to shipping overseas. We used them on our aborted world tour and they were excellent. Right down to the little things such as a return for a warranty exchange on our dynamo light. Talking with them were able to get them to only ship the light nothing else - because we already had all the cabling, brackets etc and it helped for us as well because they shipped the new item before we had returned the old item and we were able to reuse their packaging etc. Their prices are not the cheapest - though sometimes they are surprisingly, but they know their business and their customer service is excellent.

Top Bottom