Evans, Wiggle or Chain reaction?

Evans, Wiggle or Chain reaction?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
You really have to shop around as loyalty counts for nothing. Canada is a backwater for cycling gear bargains, I live near Montreal where Argon 18 - Giro - Louis Garneau and Cervelo have connections yet it is cheaper to buy almost anywhere else.
Packing is a big issue for me as I tend to buy online from the UK, PBK sent me a $200 helmet in a plastic bag together with some small items and a chain, the small items disappeared through a hole made by the chain floating about and the helmet was damaged. I returned the helmet at a cost of $35, the cost of the helmet was reimbursed but not my $35. Planet X sent two tyres in a huge box together with a cassette that had fortunately not rasped on the tyres but surely this is not rocket science?
I got a good deal from de wielershop in Holland but the postage killed it.
CRC answered my query and then supplied my stuff in good condition (well packed).
interesting what you say about packaging. I have found very few shops package well and for that reason I wouldn't order for example a chain/cassette with a helmet. But living in the UK it's usually free delivery so nothing to lose by placing multiple orders. PBK have some really cheap deals but they appear to be a no-thrills kind of company!

I can't remember the last time I used Wiggle, I do check their page to compare prices but have never found them to be the best price option. But that's maybe because I'm not looking for what they want to discount!

Ribble are my usual "go to" company as I find they offer the best prices on most of the stuff I want to buy, have good delivery times and I've never had any issues with them.

I used Evans recently and the item got lost after dispatch, a few e-mail exchanges later and a new item was sent out and delivered the next day. So they resolved the problem really well.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheapest. They all do Collect+ free deliveries. Evans have the advantage of stores so refunds can be quick if return directly

All have failed to fulfill order or sent wrong thing but their CS has been responsive in these cases. CRC & Wiggle offer benefit of 365 day returns. I got discount voucher codes as they reduced their costs on some parts before fitted, and gave me money off next purchase rather than return, refund, reorder hassle

Ribble, PX, Merlin and others good, but no free returns

Even Halfords can have decent deals and again benefit of in store returns

mk6golf

My bike and major accessories came from wiggle which has now taken me to their platinum discount for this year. Smaller less important stuff I've search for specifics on eBay after seeing on wiggle or Crain reaction, etc and usually got it cheaper on there.

D

Deleted member 23692

CRC is my usual first port of call - I've never had a problem with thier website or service, and found them to be excellent every time.
2nd choice would be a mix of (in no particular order) ProBikeKit, Planet X, Ribble, Merlin, Tredz and Wheelies... and Halfords

Wiggle- I find them expensive and tend not to use due to their alleged BC discount which is a total con IMO.

Evans hardly gets a consideration, because their local shop is so poorly stocked I wonder how it survives

CRC as my last two orders on a weekday evening, have been in the post and arrived 2 days later - great service!

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I use them all selectively, I am generally discouraged from using Evans by their high prices for accessories and parts, CRC and Wiggle are comparable, but wiggle is more than a bike shop, so wiggle gets my swimming vote, CRC's website makes browsing difficult and slow. . I can also recommend High On Bikes, really good service.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Chain reaction usually.
Wiggle put Haribos in with orders as a free gift, but the last order I got from Chain Reaction they'd put in an extra tyre for free. (My conscience told me it was a free gift. If my conscience told me it was an error by CRC I'd have sent it back.)
CRC's delivery is faster than the others, I've had stuff arrive within 36 hours of ordering it.

Mike!

Guru
No preference but the only one I have had problems with out of those three is Chain reaction, therefore they are generally last port of call if the requirement is urgent!

Top Bottom