Even cheaper than Wiggle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
Ok, it will all ends in tears, but looking for a new mounting bracket for my Kryptonite lock, Wiggle has them at £9.99 and not in stock for 2-7 days. Also wanted a Kryptoflex cable, £7.99 at Wiggle

I found this place https://secure.cyclexpress.co.uk/ and the bracket is £3.45 and the cable a quid cheaper. And free delivery on all orders.

The proof of the pudding etc, but will keep you posted. Anyone used them?

bonj2

oh they are cheaper than wiggle aren't they - they've got the brake caliper i might need to get for £12, it's £15 on wiggle...
website doesn't show stock levels though...which is annoying.

Mr Phoebus

I shop around, I've always found cheaper than Wiggle.
In fact I look at Wiggle to see how much I'm saving by shopping elseware.
That even includes Wiggle adding a so called discount on top. ;)

Mr Phoebus

Example:

Probikekit: 2 x Michelin Prorace 2 Light Blue 700c x 20mm tyres. inc P&P £37.29.

Wiggle: 2 x Michelin Prorace 2 Light Blue 700c x 20mm tyres. £45.98.

You can however spend over £100 to get a 20% discount on them.;):rolleyes::sad:

Shop around.

Noodley

Question: will CRC price match wiggle price to include the 20% discount and the "£5 off orders over £50 voucher" for subscribing to the wiggle newsletter?

Noodley

[QUOTE41848][quote name="]Question: will CRC price match wiggle price to include the 20% discount and the "£5 off orders over £50 voucher" for subscribing to the wiggle newsletter?[/quote]

Try it. I've never asked them that. But they've never said no to me in the past.[/QUOTE]

Cheers, I might just try and see what they say next time I am looking at placing an order.

alfablue

bonj said:
oh they are cheaper than wiggle aren't they - they've got the brake caliper i might need to get for £12, it's £15 on wiggle...
website doesn't show stock levels though...which is annoying.

Yes it is annoying, because they had shoes I wanted fast on their site, I ordered and two days later got an email to say they had no stock. I was annoyed at the two day wait so I called to complain, their answer was that the pair listed was sold in their (on street) shop. They said they couldn't get any more. So the site is simultaneously selling items on display in their shop - which is fine if they updated their site properly and / or communicated faster.

I ordered from Wiggle, and paid only a few quid more with the 20% discount, arrived (as always) next day post free.

So although the prices looked good, they weren't real. I checked the site a few times over the next week and they still showed the shoes!

Only one experience, and maybe a one off, but it put me off.

Generally CRC or Wiggle turn out to be pretty much the best mix of price, availability, service and free post.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mr Phoebus said:
Example:

Probikekit: 2 x Michelin Prorace 2 Light Blue 700c x 20mm tyres. inc P&P £37.29.

Shop around.

£16.95 each at Parkers...shop around some more!

yenrod

jay clock said:
Ok, it will all ends in tears, but looking for a new mounting bracket for my Kryptonite lock, Wiggle has them at £9.99 and not in stock for 2-7 days. Also wanted a Kryptoflex cable, £7.99 at Wiggle

I found this place https://secure.cyclexpress.co.uk/ and the bracket is £3.45 and the cable a quid cheaper. And free delivery on all orders.

The proof of the pudding etc, but will keep you posted. Anyone used them?

Hell yeah man, i bought some Northwave shoes and Times pedals. Based in Ormskirk (lancash'sheer - as you southerners call it [;)) and bloody great value for money an'all !

Mr Phoebus

Fab Foodie;41963][QUOTE=Mr Phoebus said:
Example:

Shop around.

£16.95 each at Parkers...shop around some more![/QUOTE]

I did!!! Twice!
On two occasions I've bought the above mentioned tyres for £29.00 off eBay, Buy it now, free P&P.
The only reason I didn't mention it was because they're not on offer at the moment.
Probikekit will price beat also.

*Pats back pocket*
Ching!!! Ching!!!

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Ok, here's the story on cyclexpress....first order in August went fine -arrived within a day or so.

I placed another order on Sunday (16th). Nothing arrived as of today (friday). They had it all ready to go on TUESDAY but my card had an error message, as I have moved but the bank have not yet updated the address. Fair enough, but they did not contact me. Apparently the "bloke who sends the emails out" has been a bit busy. Should this not be automated? I have now paid over the phone with another card, but the stuff will not finally be here until after my daughter leaves for uni, necessitating another trip to London to drop the bike off when finally done.

Will not be using them again

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Chain Reaction will price match anyway.

I asked CR to do a price match on a front light and they did but they also took into account the free sheeping they do which is fair enough. In that case, I thought why should I give my business to a company that would charge me more if I didn't know of a cheaper price from another company, so I got it from the first compay and I hope they keep doing good deals for us :biggrin:

Rick

Top Bottom