1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Even cheaper than Wiggle

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by jay clock, 15 Aug 2007.

1. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

Ok, it will all ends in tears, but looking for a new mounting bracket for my Kryptonite lock, Wiggle has them at £9.99 and not in stock for 2-7 days. Also wanted a Kryptoflex cable, £7.99 at Wiggle

I found this place https://secure.cyclexpress.co.uk/ and the bracket is £3.45 and the cable a quid cheaper. And free delivery on all orders.

The proof of the pudding etc, but will keep you posted. Anyone used them?

2. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

There are plenty of places cheaper than Wiggle these days. Since they were bought out by venture capitalists I think.

Chain Reaction will price match anyway.

3. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

oh they are cheaper than wiggle aren't they - they've got the brake caliper i might need to get for £12, it's £15 on wiggle...
    website doesn't show stock levels though...which is annoying.

4. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

I shop around, I've always found cheaper than Wiggle.
    In fact I look at Wiggle to see how much I'm saving by shopping elseware.
    That even includes Wiggle adding a so called discount on top. ;)

5. simon_adams_uk

simon_adams_uk Über Member

Cyclexpress have been good in my experience.
    CRC gets my vote/£ these days for most items though...

S

6. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

I have generally found Wiggle to be competitive once the p&p is taken into account. I find CRC a bit mtb oriented but do use them

7. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

Example:

Probikekit: 2 x Michelin Prorace 2 Light Blue 700c x 20mm tyres. inc P&P £37.29.

Wiggle: 2 x Michelin Prorace 2 Light Blue 700c x 20mm tyres. £45.98.

You can however spend over £100 to get a 20% discount on them.;):rolleyes::sad:

Shop around.

8. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Question: will CRC price match wiggle price to include the 20% discount and the "£5 off orders over £50 voucher" for subscribing to the wiggle newsletter?

9. Yer Maw Mate Yer Maw

Yer Maw Mate Yer Maw New Member

Parkers are alright as well ;)

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Try it. I've never asked them that. But they've never said no to me in the past.

11. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Try it. I've never asked them that. But they've never said no to me in the past.[/QUOTE]

Cheers, I might just try and see what they say next time I am looking at placing an order.

12. alfablue

alfablue New Member

Yes it is annoying, because they had shoes I wanted fast on their site, I ordered and two days later got an email to say they had no stock. I was annoyed at the two day wait so I called to complain, their answer was that the pair listed was sold in their (on street) shop. They said they couldn't get any more. So the site is simultaneously selling items on display in their shop - which is fine if they updated their site properly and / or communicated faster.

I ordered from Wiggle, and paid only a few quid more with the 20% discount, arrived (as always) next day post free.

So although the prices looked good, they weren't real. I checked the site a few times over the next week and they still showed the shoes!

Only one experience, and maybe a one off, but it put me off.

Generally CRC or Wiggle turn out to be pretty much the best mix of price, availability, service and free post.

13. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

£16.95 each at Parkers...shop around some more!

14. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Hell yeah man, i bought some Northwave shoes and Times pedals. Based in Ormskirk (lancash'sheer - as you southerners call it [;)) and bloody great value for money an'all !

15. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

£16.95 each at Parkers...shop around some more![/QUOTE]

I did!!! Twice!
    On two occasions I've bought the above mentioned tyres for £29.00 off eBay, Buy it now, free P&P.
    The only reason I didn't mention it was because they're not on offer at the moment.
    Probikekit will price beat also.

*Pats back pocket*
    Ching!!! Ching!!!