Even more RLJ tales and a bin lorry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Maz said:
Mag - I couldn't make out what you said after the bin lorry went by. I played it 84 times last night and I'm still none the wiser.

It sounded like "Eat my Haggis y'wee shite" or something like that.

Maz

Guru
I clicked on the link to Mag's kilt picture...our firewall caught it: "Adult Material".

I would like to say to all my work colleagues that I have enjoyed working with them over the years. All the best.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Honest folks it is work safe. So long as you don't mind seeing a slightly drunk Scotsman wearing a kilt with a feather on his head! :thumbsup:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Slightly drunk scotsman wearing a kilt, are you not worried about being typecast ??

OP
OP
M

magnatom

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Slightly drunk scotsman wearing a kilt, are you not worried about being typecast ??

I was at a wedding in Ireland at the time, so I think it is allowed ;)

porteous

Veteran
Oh dear. I have to confess to having a Class 2 LGV licence and a D (Bus) licence as well as a bike. I don't think the bin lorry was using his horn, although he was hardly driving at a reasonable speed. The noise sounds to me like the air release from the compressor reservoir or the air brakes being briefly applied, both make a sort of high pitched farting noise.

Jake

lol i was going to mention the heavy breathing too, maybe you can come work for us! ps cant belive some of the comments on the youtube

pinkkaz

Veteran
2 buses jumped red lights in front of me today. The first one jumping it just as he passed so close to me that he almost touched my elbow. Only about a mile from my house too - not a good start to the commute!
Must get a helmet cam one day!

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I generally like road rules and systems -I really do. I like the fact that if you follow a good system, you tend to protect yourself and others -e.g. don't try to run a light, not even when there is no traffic, as sooner or later you'll do it when you don't see some traffic, and you'll probably literally run into someone just like yourself doing the same thing.

I'm with you Magnatom, for the sake of seconds, it's just not worth it (to me). For convenience, many people seem to take unnecessary risks.

magnatom said:
Ah but there was traffic. Me. He had to force his way past me to run the red.

I really don't agree with picking and choosing the rules for convinience. In fact, just beyond those road works there is a side road on the right. What if a car had come out of that junction with the same attitude as the taxi driver and had floored it coming the other way (the view of this car would have been blocked by the road works). Hypothetical and unlikely, yes, but why risk it for 30 seconds?

Jake

The reason is that there is no one to stop them doing it. There are no police about, so they know they can get away with doing it. This is the problem with society at the moment and all the little shoots in london running around with knives etc. They start off doing minor things and then as they don't get stopped or punished, they do more things and increase the level of crime.

I belive i have worked out now why i have the camera. If i, a little cyclist doing my 7.5 each way ride can spot at least 1 person every jounry with no seatbelt, on phone, going through red, then why the hell are the police not doing the same? if they are out there for a shift, they should be stopping loads of people, hence there would be less people commiting those minor crimes and we would see less on the camera. And i'm sure if you stop some of these little shoots in their illigaly blacked out windows with no seatbelts on, your going to find other crimes like weapons and drugs. make sense? rant over.

hackbike 6

The reason is that there is no one to stop them doing it. There are no police about, so they know they can get away with doing it. This is the problem with society at the moment and all the little shoots in london running around with knives etc. They start off doing minor things and then as they don't get stopped or punished, they do more things and increase the level of crime.

+1

Notsoblue

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
I have to be honest here and say given those road conditions, lack of traffic and the very small roadworks I would have probably jumped those as well..

BURN HIM!!!!!

Top Bottom