Even more RLJ tales and a bin lorry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I seem to be going through a spate of seeing RLJing. This one was pretty blatent as the taxi can be heard to 'put his foot down' even after the lights had changed to red. Sure it was a temporary light, and yes the roads were quiet, but it just goes to prove the theory (cabs I believe) that in general (yes a generalisation!) road users will break the rules they think they can get away with.

I was a good boy and waited. I probably shouldn't have! I get charged down by this speeding bin lorry, which swerves around the obstruction. As it passes close and too fast it toots its' horn at me. Why I have no idea. Possibly to give me a bit of a fright, which it did. At the time I though it sounded like something falling of the lorry!

All on a nice quiet Sunday morning :ohmy:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I have to be honest here and say given those road conditions, lack of traffic and the very small roadworks I would have probably jumped those as well. No idea however what point the lorry was trying to make.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
I have to be honest here and say given those road conditions, lack of traffic and the very small roadworks I would have probably jumped those as well. No idea however what point the lorry was trying to make.

Ah but there was traffic. Me. He had to force his way past me to run the red.

I really don't agree with picking and choosing the rules for convinience. In fact, just beyond those road works there is a side road on the right. What if a car had come out of that junction with the same attitude as the taxi driver and had floored it coming the other way (the view of this car would have been blocked by the road works). Hypothetical and unlikely, yes, but why risk it for 30 seconds?

cannondale boy

Über Member
What was the knock noise at 50 secs? Very dangerous driving from both drivers. The bin lorry was a bit close to you though...and going very fast, so would agree that he was going way over 30!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

The knock sound confused me at the time (it sounded like something falling off!) but I am almost certain it was the driver of the lorry tooting his horn at me. Absolutely no idea why? :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
I was giving the wife a backy........:ohmy:;)

(Is it called a backy outside Glasgow?!)

Filthy git! :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Mag - I couldn't make out what you said after the bin lorry went by. I played it 84 times last night and I'm still none the wiser.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Maz said:
Mag - I couldn't make out what you said after the bin lorry went by. I played it 84 times last night and I'm still none the wiser.

Your a glutten for punishment Maz! :thumbsup:

I said 'I think he was going a bit more than 30'

I was mumbling to myself, rather than to the camera.

Top Bottom