Ever ready lamps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
An acquaintance of mine has a collection old tat lights.

CFC011AC-DAF7-42AD-95EA-C0B155620ED6.jpeg

756C48F8-FF50-43F2-9368-5CCCE64B49F9.jpeg

Sharky

Guru
Just reminded myself, I used to have a set of ever ready lights which were locable onto the bracket. Tried googling them, but no luck.

Used to do a 23 mile each way, so needed lights am and pm. They took the big D cells, and I used to have two on the front. I also used rechargeable batteries, so I had to cary 4, or was it six D cells in my pockets!

Found them, they weren't ER's, but duracells
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26591301...idd6c6ysrq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

OP
OP
Porsche924

Porsche924

Wow I remember those! I had a set on my touring bike.

Ps: I love Porsche 924! Did someone say they aren't good any more? Yeah they are! They're made of steel too, and steel is real. Uhm....

Galvanised as well. They were once described to me as being as reliable as a wood burning stove.

classic33

Leg End Member
They were worse than the Night Rider lights.
Brackets were made of a harder plastic, and I lost both front lights after hitting a bump.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have some of various types. I'm tempted to buy some LED bulbs for them to see what it would be like.

I fitted the LED conversion you can get for the Sturmey Dynohub lights to my Rudge just as an experiment and the lights are pretty bright now.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Switch them all on at once and you might have enough to dimly illuminate the room. For a short time.

I have some of various types. I'm tempted to buy some LED bulbs for them to see what it would be like.

I fitted the LED conversion you can get for the Sturmey Dynohub lights to my Rudge just as an experiment and the lights are pretty bright now.

the chap with all the lights up thread, restores them and converts them to LEDs.

Dadam

Jeez my Dad had those! He was forever changing batteries, bashing the case, sanding the contacts and swearing at them. :laugh:
A great example of incontrovertible progress.

Mike_P

Guru
The sheer amount of those lights in landfill along with their batteries must be staggering. Surprised that PP6s ( equivalent of) are plainly still used as both Toolstation and Screwfix list them.

Top Bottom