Ever ready rear light.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Porsche924

Bought one of these from e Bay to go on my Charlton stadium. It is the square cream coloured type with the sliding on off switch on top. Unfortunately when it arrived it had no bulb and no fixing bracket. Can anyone help me source these items?

Sharky

Guru
Are they like these?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293686314684

Used to have them, but long since gone. If I'd known how much they would be worth now would have hung onto them.

Hope you find some.

Those brackets shown are for the later ever ready lights.

The old lights are absolute rubbish. Don't bother fitting them. Modern lights are so much more reliable and lighter and brighter.

If you're riding 1970s roads you'd be ok but not in the 21st century traffic. Stay safe.

classic33

Leg End Member
The fixing bracket on the back light is a small piece of metal with three holes in it.
. P
Only the two used, 7/16" hexagonal headed bolts into the slot on the light, then fastened through the plate. Central hole was a carryover from a dynamo mount and not required for use on the light mount.

The Night Rider light brackets had the same plate.

OP
OP
Porsche924

Porsche924

Those brackets shown are for the later ever ready lights.

The old lights are absolute rubbish. Don't bother fitting them. Modern lights are so much more reliable and lighter and brighter.

If you're riding 1970s roads you'd be ok but not in the 21st century traffic. Stay safe.
Using them as a restoration project and not for practical reasons.

OP
OP
Porsche924

Porsche924

Are they like these?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293686314684

Used to have them, but long since gone. If I'd known how much they would be worth now would have hung onto them.

Hope you find some.
Thrown away the ones I used in the 80s. Now require some for a restoration project.

Top Bottom