Ever watched a TV programme you really hated?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Having three kids loads of them, used to find my self singing this kind of stuff. Soon put an intellectual ban in place by the tine the third one came along! Even secretly binned a Barney video, oops not going to earn me any good parenting awards..

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I mean seriously who thought this was good present! My Mum, sure it was a revenge purchase

AndyRM

XOXO
The Apprentice.

I hate everything about it, but most of all the despicable creatures it attracts as contestants.

Graham

Aka "Idiots in Suits". They have set the bar low this series, normally there are a couple you can pick out as being reasonably competent but the latest bunch just look hopeless.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
(apparently it's a spin-off of Big Bang Theory)

That one simple sentence is far more informative than anything in the 'review'. Publishing shite like that isn't clever or funny, it's lazy.

I had a job writing about TV for a major regional newspaper some years ago and as such had to watch many things I didn't like. Far too many to list here...

Everything my wife records and puts on when the kids go to bed.

My wife watches some real rubbish too. The one she likes that I really can't stand is the thing that's on Channel 4 at the moment about the couple who have bought a big house in France and are doing it up. WHO farkING CARES?

Mind you, she thinks a lot of the stuff I like is rubbish too. ^_^

I am forced to endure Eastenders and Holby City as SWMBO hides the dobber!!

Does she also lock the doors so you can't leave the room?

Aka "Idiots in Suits". They have set the bar low this series, normally there are a couple you can pick out as being reasonably competent but the latest bunch just look hopeless.

View: https://youtu.be/3ss-59fi4nM

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
There's so many, but my current one is strictly come dancing. I actually used to like it when it was a competition and a challenge to becoming a competent dancer from scratch, but it's so stale and cliched now and it's more like a soap opera. Every episode:
  • Young, fit ex-boy / girl band performer displays unsurprising aptitude for dancing, as they would since they went to stage school and sang and danced on stages across the world for some years.
  • Pantomime crowd automatically boos Craig whenever he offers any constructive criticism whatsoever.
  • Pantomime crowd gives standing ovation after almost every dance.
  • Bruno stands up and waves his hands back and forth in a sweeping gesture, while trotting out strings of weak similes... "It was like a picnic on a horse, so tasty, but a little bumpy in places".
  • Darcy looks horribly offended at Craig's score as though he's just farted on her sandwiches. Again.
  • Fat and / or old person who cannot dance or even improve from week 1 remains in the show as they're "fun" or somehow entertaining. Victorian sideshows are back, it seems.
  • Daly lines up painfully obvious gag for her clown mate Winkleman to eventually deliver the slapstick punchline to, which usually involves falling over.
  • Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Lost too... I gave up on that sh!t after the 2nd series, but a friend convinced me to catch up as the final series was due to be aired. I did. It was still sh!t, we're not friends any more.

24. I have no excuse for sitting through six or seven series of this clanger... i think i just enjoyed shouting 'shoot him in the face' every time a baddie pointed a gun at Keither feckin Sutherland.

Last edited:
Top Bottom