Ever wondered what I did with your tax discs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Superb what an excellent idea.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Wahey that was brilliant, tax deductible art work^_^

Seeing you cut up that A-Z gave me a flashback to when I cup up and stuck together 2 x A-Z's to make a massive map as part of a cycling thing I did with the London Underground map.

The cut up tax disc also reminded me of Richard Galpin's eye-bleedingly detailed art pieces, not that I know anything about art, but my sister goes out with is brother, cool story bro.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I know what you do, but it is nice to see how you do it :okay:

I think this is your first mix of tax disc and map. You used my tax disc and used a map of my area. I loved my car, love my bike and love my job as a cartographer - it was a perfect commission. Thanks again.
image.jpeg

Stevec047

Über Member
Wow they are amazing really lovely idea.

OP
OP
TreeHuggery

TreeHuggery

Wahey that was brilliant, tax deductible art work^_^

Seeing you cut up that A-Z gave me a flashback to when I cup up and stuck together 2 x A-Z's to make a massive map as part of a cycling thing I did with the London Underground map.

The cut up tax disc also reminded me of Richard Galpin's eye-bleedingly detailed art pieces, not that I know anything about art, but my sister goes out with is brother, cool story bro.
Haha..... I might have to steal your "tax deductible art work" line.. That's a fab one liner...It took me ages to come up with "Taxing Rides" and you just trip that beauty of a line off your tongue, just like that.
You need to post your pic if you still have it.
Not heard of Richard Gaplin.... but gonna have a quick look now

OP
OP
TreeHuggery

TreeHuggery

I know what you do, but it is nice to see how you do it :okay:

I think this is your first mix of tax disc and map. You used my tax disc and used a map of my area. I loved my car, love my bike and love my job as a cartographer - it was a perfect commission. Thanks again.
View attachment 122568
Yep - that's right, It was trying to include a map into your piece, that started the direction of cyclists looking at maps.... that's the brilliant thing about doing commissions, it sends you off on all sorts of tangents that you wouldn't necessarily have thought about otherwise.
Glad you like it, it was fun to do.

Top Bottom