Every cloud...............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The dogs think all their christmases have come at once.
With both me and Mrs Kes working from home all day, they're never more than half a bark away from a belly rub
(although trying to type with a Greyhound "helping" is not easy).

12boy

Guru
We are not confined to house here but restaurants, bars, public events are not accessible although food pickup at restaurants is ok. The concept of social distancing is not well understood, especially by children. I am seeing many more people out walking or bike riding than ever before which I like providing they aren't too close to me. I've been forced to learn how to access e-books from the otherwise closed library, which is good. People are a whole lot friendlier than before. We are buying pick up food because we don't want the little, non-corporate places to go under. Some persist in believing the whole thing is a Democratic party hoax, but for many it's been a wakeup call that we are not all powerful and it's not wise to piss off Mother Nature. Sometimes a little humility is a good thing.

Gunk

Guru
We are not confined to house here but restaurants, bars, public events are not accessible although food pickup at restaurants is ok. The concept of social distancing is not well understood, especially by children. I am seeing many more people out walking or bike riding than ever before which I like providing they aren't too close to me. I've been forced to learn how to access e-books from the otherwise closed library, which is good. People are a whole lot friendlier than before. We are buying pick up food because we don't want the little, non-corporate places to go under. Some persist in believing the whole thing is a Democratic party hoax, but for many it's been a wakeup call that we are not all powerful and it's not wise to piss off Mother Nature. Sometimes a little humility is a good thing.

Trump seems more interested in the ratings of his Covid-19 briefings

https://apple.news/A_inYxatZTsSb-v_Rd-ia6A

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
My sleep quality plummeted since hitting menopause. I’m coming up 61 now and no sign of it improving. I just don’t seem to get tired now and even when I do eventually fall asleep, lucky if I get two or three hours.

Lovely Wife has just turned 57 and finished her MP about 18 months ago - still has poor sleep patterns and still gets night sweats. She's pleased that the bane of periods are no longer part of her life but hates the hot flushes.

I do feel for you Ladies on this one - must be really nasty to deal with. :sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Lovely Wife has just turned 57 and finished her MP about 18 months ago - still has poor sleep patterns and still gets night sweats. She's pleased that the bane of periods are no longer part of her life but hates the hot flushes.

I do feel for you Ladies on this one - must be really nasty to deal with. :sad:

Oh yes being a woman has its downsides for sure.

Not least, the attitude, and behaviours of some guys :angel:

But on balance, still far gladder to have been born female.

Worrying stats on the increase of DV post the lock down.

Which will disproportionately affect women and children.

Delivery drivers, posties, and neighbours being asked to look out for signs.

Refuges and helplines, still open, but provision was under resourced at the best of times :sad:

I wish I was dumb enough to own my own 757, get myself elected president, and sleep every night with an ex supermodel on a mattress stuffed full of dollar bills. Being clever sure ain't doing us any good.

Do you??
Depends on how you measure 'success' and 'wealth' I guess.

Personally i prefer a measure of respect, integrity, and living in alignment with some decent values.

But each to their own I spose. :wacko:

Drago

Legendary Member
Personally i prefer a measure of respect, integrity, and living in alignment with some decent values.

Publicly calling someone dumb shows that you have a long way to go to meet even your own measure of success. You have demonstrated a failure to show respect and behave with integrity, so why should Trump display the attributes of which you approve when even you yourself don't? :wacko:

You really, blatantly, badly, walked into that one.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Publicly calling someone dumb shows that you have a long way to go to meet even your own measure of success. You have demonstrated a failure to show respect and behave with integrity, so why should Trump display the attributes of which you approve when even you yourself don't? :wacko:

You really, blatantly, badly, walked into that one.

Publicly calling someone dumb, when they've exhibited all the symptoms, and far worse endangered the lives of many through the exercising of such dumbness is most likely an insult to those who have been put at risk, by the actions or inactions of that someone.

If it was just stupidity then it might be forgiveable.

Im not alone in believing that the character flaws, of the man run much deeper than that..

And my self respect isn't contingent on the opinions of others. :okay:

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Something else that I hope ends as a result of CV19 is the minefield of the social cheek kissing thing imported from continental Europe. What a load of :wacko:. Which cheek do you aim for first? Is one contact enough, or is it both sides? Or is it both sides twice?? :ohmy:
Every time I meet my sister in law, or any of her lah-dee-dah friends, I have to run through a rehearsal in my head, before making a total hash of it :laugh:.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I am sleeping more and better. Working from home has been great as it is so much easier, quieter and calmer.
I have seen doing YouTube workouts amp doing love them. 3 days on and one day off.
I have had time to sit and think. That has been priceless.
Same here-I've got so many things I'm managing to catch up with at the moment.

Top Bottom